WOL for Realtek NICs on non-Windows system

• I know I'm far away from being able to expect help with my problem within this forum but I'll try anyway as this place is my last hope. So here's my problem:

Beside LibreELEC, for Retro gaming reasons, I have set up "Batocera.linux" on another Linux based HTPC system, with exactly the same hardware, for which I'm having a hard time trying to make WOL work, while on the LibreELEC system WOL is indeed working without problems.

I asked Batocera support for help and there was one guy telling me that there is no solution as Realtek NICs do disable WOL by default when there is a non-Windows OS running on top of the hardware. Beside the news that WOL is not only BIOS setting dependent but also OS dependent, I thought "this can't be true" and for testing I tried to install a generic x86_64 Ubuntu Server system onto the HTPC. And really, WOL is not working with this setup too.

Now my question is: What kind of magic have LibreELEC developers implemented to make WOL work on Realtek drivers on a non-Windows system?

Again: I know, here in this forum I cannot expect anything for other systems than LibreELEC but I am very thankful for any hint as I don't know where else it would make sense to ask. You LE devs somehow have done the trick and I really want to learn how to make WOL work on Linux systems on those Realtek NICs.