OSMC remote doesn't work after update to 9.2.8

• Hi,

I just updated to 9.2.8 (because the popup kept coming up), and since then, my OSMC remote doesn't work any more (not one button). Previously, it worked flawlessly.

Any help?

• Mine stopped working aswell, i unplugged it, installed another MCE-remote, rebooted the device a couple of times, then put my OSMC-remote back and it worked like it should.

• Which hardware do you use?

In case you are using config files like remote.xml, then please post them.

I'm using a Raspi 4B. I didn't install any config files; when I got the remote, I plugged it in and it worked flawlessly, until I installed the update.

• Hi

Sorry to hear the remote is not working as expected.

Just to clarify: did you downgrade your LibreELEC version and did this make the dongle work again? Otherwise the dongle may have simply developed a fault at the same time you upgraded your system.

I'd recommend trying the remote dongle in another device (such as your PC). You should be able to scroll a web page with the up and down arrow keys if it's functional.

From what I can see, the dongle appears to be faulty and if you email [email protected], we can rectify this for you.

Cheers

Sam

• Hi Sam,

Firstly, I have to say I am really impressed with your dedication to customer support!

Secondly, I didn't downgrade LibrELEC, but I connected the dongle to my PC, and as you predicted, it didn't work. I also connected it to a different USB port on the Raspi, and the result is the same:

Code
    [60044.193786] usb 1-1-port1: attempt power cycle
    [60044.786729] usb 1-1.1: new low-speed USB device number 111 using xhci_hcd
    [60044.806083] usb 1-1.1: device descriptor read/8, error -32
    [60044.929098] usb 1-1.1: device descriptor read/8, error -32
    [60045.553392] usb 1-1.1: new low-speed USB device number 112 using xhci_hcd
    [60045.572445] usb 1-1.1: device descriptor read/8, error -32
    [60045.696195] usb 1-1.1: device descriptor read/8, error -32

Same on my Vero:

And thirdly, of course I would be happy to receive a replacement, but from a technical point of view, it really seems to be a huge coincidence if the dongle stopped working exactly during the update, because I initiated the reboot for the update with the remote, and two minutes later, it didn't work anymore. So if there is any additional diagnosis I could do from my Windows desktop or one of the other devices, I would be happy to help, but if you think the diagnosis is clear, just let me know and I will contact your support.

PS: one thing I haven't mentioned so far is that I'm using the "HifiBerry" addon board on the Raspi. But that shouldn't cause USB problems in my opinion...

• You're welcome.

The dongle is sensitive to spikes in voltage -- so if your power supply is not stable, this could have caused issues with the dongle.

I suggest trying an older version as suggested by CvH and if the problems remain, email me at [email protected] and I will take care of this for you.

Sam

• As discussed, I will send you a new remote receiver once back from my trip.

Upon receiving the USB dongle, you'll need to hold the Home and OK buttons for a few seconds after connecting the receiver to your Pi. This will pair the remote with the new receiver.

If you have any other issues, just reply to the support ticket which you opened rather than here as this is not a LibreELEC issue.

Cheers

Sam