Reproducible freeze while using live TV

• Hello together,

after updating to 10.0.0 my system hangs reproducibly after a few minutes while watching live TV via the tvheadend pvr-addon.

Board: ASRock N3700-ITX with onboard graphics card

Crash log: http://ix.io/3yoN

System log: http://ix.io/3yoM

Can you guys possibly tell what the problem is?

Thanks!

Edited once, last by stephan: replaced log files (September 10, 2021 at 1:28 PM).

• Go to Best Answer
  • Can you guys possibly tell what the problem is?

First remove the crappy piracy repos and add-on(s) that are present on your Kodi setup.

Then try & reproduce the error(s) again. If that is still the case, provide a new debug log file.

• oh man. You're right, sorry!

After the cleanup, it stays that way. The image (and the whole computer) freezes after about 10 minutes. I can delay the freeze if I change the channel within the 10 minutes. Have replaced the log files in the first post.

Do you find any indication of the problem in the files?

• no expert here !

that said:

*I* see a lot of CD/DVD errors (... blk_update_request: I/O error, dev sr0 ...)

so my questions are:

1)

is there a somehow broken and/or selfburned CD/DVD in the drive which the box tries to read over and over again so the box is too busy to display liveTV correct ?

2)

what tvheadend version are you running 4.2 or 4.3 ?

if 4.2:

update to 4.3 !

Edited once, last by GDPR-7 (September 10, 2021 at 9:08 PM).

• what tvheadend version are you running 4.2 or 4.3 ?

if 4.2:

update to 4.3 !

I am not sure if that's a good idea, I am using TVH 4.3 but I did not encounter any advantages, instead there's a bit strange behaviour of TVH 4.3 configuration webpage (depends on browser) and at least an issue with Kodi which can't display subtitles on some TV channels.

• I have removed the CD, but the problem is still there.

The tvheadend version is 4.2.8

The only change I made to the entire system was to update LibreElec to 10.0.0.

The old version made zero problems with live tv

• I am not sure if that's a good idea, I am using TVH 4.3 but I did not encounter any advantages, instead there's a bit strange behaviour of TVH 4.3 configuration webpage (depends on browser) and at least an issue with Kodi which can't display subtitles on some TV channels.

I don't use subtitles, so I can't say anything to it, but I have had a lot of crashes with elder tvheadend.

only fixed with 4.3

see comment #9 here: