Wired & Wireless Network State: 'ready' and not 'online'.

• Hi there,

I've been chasing this issue for a while now. It affects both LAN & WLAN connections happens randomly so it can be hard to repeat to get the initial cause. I'm running an RPI4 Model B - 4GB. It will run perfectly for a while before I have an issue where it will remain connected to the local network with no internet access. This is shown by the 'state' within the wired or wireless settings showing 'ready' instead of 'online'. Another dead giveaway from boot is the time is incorrect.

The only way of getting the internet side of things to work again is restoring the pi the factory settings or doing a clean install. In trying to tinker with the network settings to get things working again I noticed when moving the 'Connect Automatically' within the network settings, it will slide off and on and upon saving the settings, exiting and entering them again it keeps sliding back to off. It's like the network settings side of things are completely broken.

I've also tried 'Wait for network before starting Kodi' which doesn't help either. Attached is the log. You'll see in there a VPN is being used and I thought initially this was the problem but after uninstalling this completely, the issue still persists. Any help would be hugely appreciated.

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• What do you have as a router or access point? Proper wireless connections seem to be done when the two devices (router/access point and the receiving device) fully understand each other. I got myself a TP-Link RE650 repeater/access point recently that works wonders for most of my wireless devices including the Raspberry Pi 4 in the next room, but not for an Intel AC9560 Wifi 5 based PC in the same room. The latter one is having big problems with connecting to 5Ghz, but seems 'okayish' doing with 2.4Ghz. It tells me that, despite all the wifi standards, unexplainable hiccups such as yours and mine are still possible. (or maybe my AC9560 card is just rubbish, BT works fine on it).

If the local network still is then the wifi connection is okay. I never found problems with internet access when updating libraries, and I keep them on 24/7. VPNs however can have server timeouts or other mishaps, and maybe even your own link to your internet provider can become "outside interference".

• Hi there, just wondering if anyway has stumbled across this same issue a few months down the track? I've scoured the internet for a solution but there isn't a huge amount of information as far as a fix goes.

Appreciate any help that may be offered.