Intel Compustick

• Hi everybody, I have an old Intel Compustick with an Atom processor. It came preloaded with windows 10 but the performance is abysmal . Can LibreElec be loaded on this device with reasonable performance? If this is a viable solution what’s the typical remote I would buy to use with LibreElec.

Thanks

• Atom-like "computers" such as the Compute-stick were a problem because of the 32-bit BIOS environment IIRC. LibreELEC is 64bit only now.

An RPI 4 or even 3B+ with LibreELEC will run circles around such devices.

• At launch there were 1GB RPi4 boards, but 2GB is now the minimum configuration and this is fine for Kodi use; the 4GB or 8GB boards are also good. These days most users have media on a NAS accessed over the network or an external USB drive so a kit with a less expensive 8GB or 16GB SD card would be fine, there's nothing in LE that would ever really need/benefit from a 128GB card.

• For just LE the 8GB version of RPi 4B is currently a bit overkill (in future who knows). Instead of set I would consider buying better components. My preference would be:

- RPi 4B / 4 GB

- Argon One v2 case which is designed for a great cooling, has a multifunction power button and is prepared for using IR remote control

- Instead of MicroSD card some reliable USB flash key or better - SSD drive with USB/SATA adapter

- A good power supply (15W = 5V /3A)

- A good quality MicroHDMI/HDMI cable