Got a couple of questions about Matrix

• I've just got my new setup and running with Matrix and I was wondering if,

1. Is there away to see your root directory, where your files live?

I know you use to be able set a submenu option on Aonneox to see your files, but I can't seem to work out how to do it in Matrix.

2. Is there away to create a full backup of Kodi so when you upgrade to the latest version you don't have to setup everything all over again. As it can be a little boring settings your favourite covers for your films and TV shows on your new builds.

3. My official Kodi app remote can't find my new setup, even if I enter the IP address it still can't find it, I've had this issue before and all of a sudden it starts to work but I wasn't sure if I'm missing something to make it work.

Cheers in advance

Edited once, last by Kris55 (August 16, 2021 at 9:49 AM).

• 1) Which files? LibreELEC's system files are on the readonly system partition in /flash.

2) LibreELEC has its own backup/restore tool in the Settings Add-on. It includes the thumbnail cache folder. However, it does not backup the entire LibreELEC system section. You can use proper disk imaging tools for that. Transferring/copying Kodi setups to other computer OS clients is not 100% possible. Windows and Linux folder paths really do not get along. Also binary add-ons do not mix on a different OS.

3) Please note that the word "build" has pretty negative aura on it when it comes to Kodi. More often than not do such "builds" have video piracy add-ons onboard, which is a big red flag for Kodi and LibreELEC teams to halt their support. I hope this is not the case with your Kodi setup. Such add-ons are known to disrupt Kodi core functionality, who knows even the connectivity to your Kodi remote app.

• 1) Which files? LibreELEC's system files are on the readonly system partition in /flash.

2) LibreELEC has its own backup/restore tool in the Settings Add-on. It includes the thumbnail cache folder. However, it does not backup the entire LibreELEC system section. You can use proper disk imaging tools for that. Transferring/copying Kodi setups to other computer OS clients is not 100% possible. Windows and Linux folder paths really do not get along. Also binary add-ons do not mix on a different OS.

3) Please note that the word "build" has pretty negative aura on it when it comes to Kodi. More often than not do such "builds" have video piracy add-ons onboard, which is a big red flag for Kodi and LibreELEC teams to halt their support. I hope this is not the case with your Kodi setup. Such add-ons are known to disrupt Kodi core functionality, who knows even the connectivity to your Kodi remote app.

Noted and I updated it to say setup not build, as I didn't know that.

My aim with the copying of the config is just for when I change to the newest version of Kodi, as I don't do this all the time and unless its changed I believe you have to update as they release them.

As it use to be that you can't just jump from say v1 to v6, you have to go from v1 up to v6 so its 6 updates.

Due to this I just want to be able to backup the settings I apply to my library's, so I dont have to set the box covers or change the edit name order of some of the files I have on my system.

The remote is a tad annoying as I've enabled the remote and I will check, but am sure I've also done the,

3 - System > Services > Control - "Allow remote control via HTTP"

But when I try searching or manually entering the IP address details and use the test option the phone can't see the new setup on the network, I know its going to be something I've missed but I can't seem to see what I've missed on this.

As provided you have enabled the allow remote from other systems options and also the above HTTP setup I thought I should be able to get my phone app to talk to Kodi as I've done in the past.