Posts by Kris55

I seem to have lost my onscreen remote icons.

When I pause play and use the on screen remote I just see rectangles instead of the play, pause forward, rewind and settings icons.

If I select an option, such as play the line changes and I can see the play icon.

I've had a look through the settings and can't see anything that shows the remote icons, can anyone help with what this might be.

Running Libre Elec version: 11.0.4

Generic. x86-64

Thanks for the info, I have the Kodi remote on my phone and after 2 hours I went with a reboot and everything loaded with no problems.

I think it got hung up trying to set my menus up and couldn't reboot and just needed a kick in the right direction.

I've just completed a manual update from Matrix to Nexus, which went smoothly.

After rebooting I can see Kodi in the bottom left and AEONNOX Silvo in the right and a mesage saying its building menu, which it's been doing for about an hour now.

I can see the please wait dots moving, but as it's been like this for an hour I'm wondering if my update has crashed or if my generic build is still completing the update.

If anyone could give some idea of how long it will take I would be grateful.

Sorry I've not put the version numbers, but I didn't take note of them. I do manual updates as soon as I see new ones, but I've never jumped from one update to the next (i.e. Matrix to Nexus).

Hi all I'm having an issue with waking up my Kodi setup.

I'm using the android app, which works when my media player is on no issue.

However the wake up mesage isn't able to get to the media player.

This worked fine before I had to change my network setup and I know wake up is working and enabled. As the other half can, using the naf apple version of the app wake up the media player.

The change I had to make to my network was that my media player had to be connected into a switch, over being plugged directly into my hub.

I can see the media player and I can use the remote app once the media player is on as mentioned.

So I know it's the switch that's stopping the apps mesage getting threw, but I don't understand why the apple apps message gets threw but the android one won't.

If anyone can help I would be grateful, as I can't have an Apple product doing something my android could but can't now and I don't want to keep having to turn my media player on manually :D

1) Which files? LibreELEC's system files are on the readonly system partition in /flash.

2) LibreELEC has its own backup/restore tool in the Settings Add-on. It includes the thumbnail cache folder. However, it does not backup the entire LibreELEC system section. You can use proper disk imaging tools for that. Transferring/copying Kodi setups to other computer OS clients is not 100% possible. Windows and Linux folder paths really do not get along. Also binary add-ons do not mix on a different OS.

3) Please note that the word "build" has pretty negative aura on it when it comes to Kodi. More often than not do such "builds" have video piracy add-ons onboard, which is a big red flag for Kodi and LibreELEC teams to halt their support. I hope this is not the case with your Kodi setup. Such add-ons are known to disrupt Kodi core functionality, who knows even the connectivity to your Kodi remote app.

Noted and I updated it to say setup not build, as I didn't know that.

My aim with the copying of the config is just for when I change to the newest version of Kodi, as I don't do this all the time and unless its changed I believe you have to update as they release them.

As it use to be that you can't just jump from say v1 to v6, you have to go from v1 up to v6 so its 6 updates.

Due to this I just want to be able to backup the settings I apply to my library's, so I dont have to set the box covers or change the edit name order of some of the files I have on my system.

The remote is a tad annoying as I've enabled the remote and I will check, but am sure I've also done the,

3 - System > Services > Control - "Allow remote control via HTTP"

But when I try searching or manually entering the IP address details and use the test option the phone can't see the new setup on the network, I know its going to be something I've missed but I can't seem to see what I've missed on this.

As provided you have enabled the allow remote from other systems options and also the above HTTP setup I thought I should be able to get my phone app to talk to Kodi as I've done in the past.

I've just got my new setup and running with Matrix and I was wondering if,

1. Is there away to see your root directory, where your files live?

I know you use to be able set a submenu option on Aonneox to see your files, but I can't seem to work out how to do it in Matrix.

2. Is there away to create a full backup of Kodi so when you upgrade to the latest version you don't have to setup everything all over again. As it can be a little boring settings your favourite covers for your films and TV shows on your new builds.

3. My official Kodi app remote can't find my new setup, even if I enter the IP address it still can't find it, I've had this issue before and all of a sudden it starts to work but I wasn't sure if I'm missing something to make it work.

Cheers in advance

I've just built a new media player, which I've installed Matrix to but I'm wondering if I use the export option on my Leia build would I be able to import the export from Leia to Matrix build?

Also does that option let me import the artwork settings I applied to my film and TV shows?

Evening all, can someone please see if they can help me with my new media player build.

I've just finished putting together my new media player, but I can't get the installer to work.

I've formatted my memory stick and I've used the LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Win32 installer and then tried to use the following images,

LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.2.6.img

LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.97.1.img

Both will install to the memory stick, but at the point the system has to start running from the USB stick the install crashes and it looks like all USB power is shut off.

My new mainboard, memory and case are as follows,

ASRock J5040-ITX Gemini Lake Refresh Mini-ITX Motherboard

8GB DDR4 2400 SODIMM only for selected Mini-ITX Boards

Black Vesa Mountable MTX7 Mini-ITX Case with 180W PSU

Please excuse the photos, but I can't install my software so this was the best I can do and whilst you can see that my PC power light is on the keyboard has no power going to it and the screen is stuck saying it will start the install in 5 seconds, but doesn't start and I think thats due to the power being stopped to the USB port's but I don't know why its doing that hence me asking for help

I don't mind paying out to build another HTPC, what I have now has lasted and I've had my money's worth out of it thats for sure.

Has your AS Rock mainboard got built in graphics? An how quiet is the CPU fan, my current mainboard doesn't have a CPU fan as the heat sink covers the entire mini ITX board.

MKV files are merely a container, they can have different types of videos.

So what type of video formats are you trying to play?

ION graphics are a now prehistoric Nvidia solution, which for example does wonders for h264 video, but not for h265/hevc.

Any RPi 3/4 board would dance around that ION board.

I had a feeling my Asus AT5IONT-I Atom D525 mainboard might be pushing its luck, as its a tad old but it's done well with 10 years or more loyal service.

The files I use are H264, I can't run H265 at all on my setup.

My preferd build is a PC form if I'm honest, as the Raspberry PI's that I've used don't have the same UI as the Linux systems and I just prefer this setup over the PI's.

I guess in 2021 I better start looking for a new ITX mainboard, with a nice HD chipset for video play back.

Just wondering if there is a known issue on playback of MKV files?

I've just done a software rebuild to LibreELEC official 9.2.6 or v18.9 Leia and I'm occasionally getting a slight stutter on some of my files when being played.

I've been using LibreELEC for years now, so know there is nothing wrong with the files themselves and the only difference to when Iast played is my version of LibreELEC. So using an old theory it has to be the last thing I did.

My media player mainboard is getting on a bit and I think it's using an Intel ION onboard graphics chip set, but would have to check as it's now a discontinued ASUS fan free mainboard.

If anyone could shine some light on what it could be I would be grateful.