Play back on MKV files

• Just wondering if there is a known issue on playback of MKV files?

I've just done a software rebuild to LibreELEC official 9.2.6 or v18.9 Leia and I'm occasionally getting a slight stutter on some of my files when being played.

I've been using LibreELEC for years now, so know there is nothing wrong with the files themselves and the only difference to when Iast played is my version of LibreELEC. So using an old theory it has to be the last thing I did.

My media player mainboard is getting on a bit and I think it's using an Intel ION onboard graphics chip set, but would have to check as it's now a discontinued ASUS fan free mainboard.

If anyone could shine some light on what it could be I would be grateful.

• MKV files are merely a container, they can have different types of videos.

So what type of video formats are you trying to play?

ION graphics are a now prehistoric Nvidia solution, which for example does wonders for h264 video, but not for h265/hevc.

Any RPi 3/4 board would dance around that ION board.

• MKV files are merely a container, they can have different types of videos.

So what type of video formats are you trying to play?

ION graphics are a now prehistoric Nvidia solution, which for example does wonders for h264 video, but not for h265/hevc.

Any RPi 3/4 board would dance around that ION board.

I had a feeling my Asus AT5IONT-I Atom D525 mainboard might be pushing its luck, as its a tad old but it's done well with 10 years or more loyal service.

The files I use are H264, I can't run H265 at all on my setup.

My preferd build is a PC form if I'm honest, as the Raspberry PI's that I've used don't have the same UI as the Linux systems and I just prefer this setup over the PI's.

I guess in 2021 I better start looking for a new ITX mainboard, with a nice HD chipset for video play back.

• Intel PC for a HTPC cost "a bit" more than your typical Android box these days. I know, I have a Asrock J5005 board (Intel UHD 605) + SSD + Pico PSU, so it's all nice and quite.

Currently I run Ubuntu 20.04 + Kodi and LibreELEC on it as a dual boot. LE is just for testing for now. LE 9 runs fine, LE 10 beta needs various patches.

• I don't mind paying out to build another HTPC, what I have now has lasted and I've had my money's worth out of it thats for sure.

Has your AS Rock mainboard got built in graphics? An how quiet is the CPU fan, my current mainboard doesn't have a CPU fan as the heat sink covers the entire mini ITX board.