New Pi4, Rainbow then Black Screen

• I just received a fresh new RPi4. I downloaded 9.97 on a new card. Goes to rainbow screen and then nothing but black. Tried to go back to 9.26 and the same.

I am in the hdmi0 port. I have 5 other Rpi4s and using Libre for years. I have never had this issue. I tried the same install on 2 other RPi4s and the same thing happens.

Any ideas?

• Could be a false alarm. The TV was manufactured in 2012. I tried a newer one and it has booted to setup. Dont know if that was a thing but it is all I have to go on right now.

• I have never had to modify anything before. I did a fresh install on a new card and new board. Had the problem and then tried swapping boards and cards. Then switched TVs and everything worked on all my other TVs just not the one I started with. It's working now with no mods to any config just not on that one TV.

I can only assume that it's that TV.

• Try adding video=HDMI-A-1:1280x720M@60D to the end of cmdline.txt (separated by a space from "quiet", everything has to be on a single line).

If it's a HD-ready TV then probably the RPi4 doesn't like it's native/preferred resolution (well known issue).

so long,

Hias