LibreELEC 10.0 Beta - Fix or Re-Install?

• Hi,

We've been using LibreELEC since getting a Pi 4 and have done so with very few issues until recently.

I decided to go onto the 10 Beta from the get go and did a fresh install as suggested, things were fine but now seem to be starting to fail.

Currently Running: LibreELEC 10.0 Beta - Kodi 19.1 (Linux Kernel 5.10.x) - LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.97.1.img.gz

h264 files only play back 100% if hardware acceleration is disabled, otherwise the video occasionally freezes but the audio keeps running until the box resets.

h265 files play fine with no issue when hardware acceleration is enabled.

All files are ripped from DVD or Blu-ray by myself, prior to getting the Pi4 with hardware h265 decoding I used h264 on a minix box and all files played fine, the same files now have issues.

Hard-drive access is sometimes sluggish the green access light on the Pi stays on.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could take a look at our log file and offer suggestions on anything that needs fixing.

http://ix.io/3uAO

• Official Post

H264 can still be an issue for the time being, lots of attention and work went into making h265/hevc for RPi4 hw compatible.

Harddrive access... Which disk format is used? I take it a USB3.0 port is used?

I only see 1 mkv video being played, which is a HEVC video.

Next time please enable debugging in Kodi, and restart LibrELEC.

Log details are below:

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • Please provide a debug log where you reproduced the issue with H264 files - the log you posted shows only a HEVC file being played and looks fine.

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link

so long,

Hias

• Many thanks for the info re. H264

Currently watching newer stuff I've ripped so that's all in H265, next time we play a H264 file I'll post the log file.

Hard-drive (WD Elements 1TB) is directly connected using USB 3.0 & is formatted NTFS

Can I also ask about another issue that I may need to show on the log file.

The Pi is connected using ethernet to router, I transfer files via ftp and when I do whatever is playing on the Pi can slowdown (video only, audio is fine) is this normal?

If the above is an issue do I need to provide separate logs for each issue or just play successive files that replicate the issues.