A few questions about LE10

• Hi,

yesterday i made an "upgrade" on my HTPC from LE9.2.6 to LE10 (as recommended, i made a clean install).

I tried to read as many information about LE10 as i could, but some things remain still unclear.

I read in a news, that with Kodi19 and LE10 it will be possibel to get HDR....

Is this still in developement? I tested it yesterday with a HDR File but my TV does not switch to HDR Mode...

I have many files in DVD and BluRay resolution. Does LE upscale the video stream to 4K ? Because it looks like a very bad quality. Even worse like actual SD TV-channels for the DVD resolution. BR resolution is ok, but not super!

Is it possible to get a Video Pass Through like it is implemented for audio? So i can check whether my TV does a better upscaling.

My hardware is as follows:

- ASRock B450 ITX Fatality

- AMD Athlon 200GE

- 8GB RAM DDR4-3000

- 120GB SSD AData

CPU will be upgraded next month to Ryzen 4300GE (Because i test actually Win10 with Kodi19 on a second SSD, but there are other problems)

Content via NAS

Thanks in advance for bringing some light into my personal darkness...

• I read in a news, that with Kodi19 and LE10 it will be possibel to get HDR....

its an difficult topic, L10/K19 supports HDR but just at some platforms

for Generic you need a "testbuild", this is still work in progress

Does LE upscale the video stream to 4K ?

Kodi upscales to whatever resolution you setuped (you should not go over 1920x1080).

Then at a 4k TV the TV upscales your 1920x1080 to 4k.

If the upscale looks horrible have a play with the scaler settings at the playback menu. Usually it is not that bad.

Is it possible to get a Video Pass Through

no

• MatteN HDR works with Win10 on this setup. Board has nearly no influence on AM4 Socket Boards... HDMI capability is depending on CPU. As mentioned, the Athlon200GE works in Windows10 with Kodi 18 and HDR...

But Windows takes to long for Bootup, Windows is doing updates in Background an this can lead to laggy video playback. Windows doesnt ask for reboot after update (GUI is set to Kodi not Windows Explorer) and so on ...and so on...

It's not a satisfying solution.

CvH Thanks for Link, i will try it!

Kodi upscales to whatever resolution you setuped (you should not go over 1920x1080).

Then at a 4k TV the TV upscales your 1920x1080 to 4k.

I set GUI of LE to 3840x2160@60Hz -> It works and looks good!

I set "allowed resolutions" to the resolutions i had in the video material. f.e: 1920x1080 or 720x576.

this leads to little unsharp looking GUI during playback of those "low-res" videos, but its ok, because gui is normally not visible during playback.

Now my question is, what you mean with "should not go over....?" Even for GUI i should no go over FHD?

i hope that i got enough time tomorrow to test the "testbuild" and play around with your suggestions....

thx!

• The gui should stay at FHD beacuse Kodi Gui runs in "software" so you get better performance with FHD and basically the same quality because kodi artwork etc is FHD.

Even if the gui is FHD, Kodi switches to 4k at playback and jumps back to FHD while at the gui.