NTP server spam

• Hello, I am experiencing an issue where after several days of uptime my libreelec instance has started trying to spam the ntp servers. I can see this through my dns server web panel. Each of these queries resolve correctly but they dont stop. This can be temporarily stopped with a restart but it comes back after a few days. Im unsure why this happens and am curious to see if anyone else has noticed the same. This doesnt actually cause any issues it just spams my server and im not a fan of that. The software version is 9.2.6 and the hardware is a raspberry pi 3b+. For reference these queries are being routed over wireguard to my dns server as this is a libreelec instance that I manage for someone else. If no solution is found a cron job to restart the system every so often will suffice but i was hopping there would be a better solution to this issue.

• ... spam the ntp servers ... If no solution is found a cron job to restart the system every so often will suffice but i was hopping there would be a better solution to this issue.

My advice is the same that I use myself: (1) use NTP servers in your country, (2) reboot the device every day using cron, and (3) remove any addons suspected of being malicious. Pihole has helped me a lot, I have it programmed to block more than 250,000 domains. A few months ago I temporarily installed my old Asus router until I verified that both the Skynet firewall and the Trend Micro protection did not report any threats.

• elonesna, Im using the default ntp servers so it really shouldnt be an issue. I dont really have any addons as the idea with that specific client is that i can transfer media to it and thats about it. It sounds like rebooting with cron is probably the play. CvH, yes this is the same issue but that thread was never really resolved I don't think.