LE 10 RPi2 nightly: no hdmi output

• Hello,

i have a projector with rpi2 and kodi (librelec).

i am using the latest release of milhouse (LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 19.0) #0717) without problems. the hdmi output works fine without problems on a computer also on the video projector.

now i have installed a fresh installation on a new sd card with this testbuildLibreELEC-RPi2.arm-10.0-nightly-20210710-ded9079.img. when i connect the rpi2 with a computer monitor (1080p) the hdmi output works perfectly, but if i connect it with the beamer projector - i get no hdmi output.

i had test some hdmi setting in the /flash/config.txt with hdmi_group=2 and so on, but nothing happens.

I had test some older images, but the older images doesnt solve my problem.

how can i solve that?

Regards

• Can you connect with ssh when connected to the projector? If yes run "pastekodi" and "modetest | pastebinit" and post the URLs.

There's currently a bug in the video driver, if the HDMI cable isn't plugged in or the driver doesn't detect a display then RPi2/3 lock up during boot - this can also be caused by a broken (or not fully wired) HDMI cable, so testing with a different HDMI cable would be worth a try, too.

so long,

Hias

• The log shows that the video driver read an invalid edid from your projector and therefore refused to output via HDMI.

Did you have to use any hdmi_... config.txt settings with the older milhouse build?

Can you run "pastekodi" on the milhouse build as well and also run "tvservice -d edid.bin" on it and upload the resulting edid.bin file?

so long,

Hias

• Here the result of LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20200718000045-#0717-g776b589 (RPi2.arm)

pastekodi

LibreELEC:~ # tvservice -d edid.bin

Nothing written!

LibreELEC:~ # tvservice -s

state 0xa [HDMI CEA (16) RGB lim 16:9], 1920x1080 @ 60.00Hz, progressive

• With the milhouse build the firmware couldn't read the edid either but it seems it fell back to a safe 640x480 mode and also provided a 1920x1080 mode.

Please test the latest nightly with a known good HDMI cable (eg the one you used with the monitor) and your projector.

If that still doesn't work you can add the following parameters to cmdline.txt as a workaround, that should give you 1920x1080p60 output:

Code
    drm.edid_firmware=HDMI-A-1:edid/1920x1080.bin video=HDMI-A-1:D

so long,

Hias

• Hi,

thanks for your suggestion.

Between my projector and the pi2 there is a hdmi-converter. i need that to grab the dts/dolby signal from the hdmi cable for a audio receiver.

now i have found out this one:

if i connect the rpi2 with the hdmi converter, then i get no video output after the start

if i connect the rpi2 without the hdmi converter, then i get the video output after the start - if i change now the hdmi connection to the hdmi-converter then the video output works - until the restart of the rpi.

Here the results of Pastekodi and Modetest (hdmi-converter was connected between rpi and projector)

• Thanks for the logs, it's good to know that it works fine with the projector connected directly to the RPi.

Please do the following:

Connect RPi directly to connector and boot up LE. Then ssh in and run "getedid create". Now shut down LE and add the HDMI converter / audio extractor back into the chain and boot up again.

LE will now permanently use the (working) edid from your projector and everything should work fine.

so long,

Hias

• Hi,

i have executed the getedid create command, here the output of the command

LibreELEC:~ # getedid create

successfully installed edid override for HDMI-A-1

but if i reboot the pi with hdmi connector for a few seconds i get a black screen on the video, but no normal video output.

here the latest

pastekodi

• Ah, your cmdline.txt is wrong, you seem to have put "

drm.edid_firmware=HDMI-A-1:edid/1920x1080.bin" on a new line - everything needs to be in a single line in that file. You can drop that and make sure that

"drm.edid_firmware=HDMI-A-1:edid/edid-HDMI-A-1.bin video=HDMI-A-1:D" immediately follows after "quiet" (separated just by a blank).

so long,

Hias

• you are right. the cmdline.txt was wrong.

i have -restarted the configuration procedure

first i had deleted the wrong entries (this was the default entry for my rpi2)

LibreELEC:~ # cat /flash/cmdline.txt

boot=UUID=1107-2955 disk=UUID=27ea94ba-c897-4e07-942f-594aaf01c537 quiet

then i had recreated the edid file

LibreELEC:~ # getedid create

successfully installed edid override for HDMI-A-1

after that the cmdline was modified by the getedid command

LibreELEC:~ # cat /flash/cmdline.txt

boot=UUID=1107-2955 disk=UUID=27ea94ba-c897-4e07-942f-594aaf01c537 quiet drm.edid_firmware=HDMI-A-1:edid/edid-HDMI-A-1.bin video=HDMI-A-1:D

LibreELEC:~ # ls -l /flash/edid.cpio

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1028 Jul 31 18:09 /flash/edid.cpio

after that i had rebootet the rpi2 with the hdmi-converter - the video output works now. thank you for your support. ;)