MEcool KII Pro s905d 2gb version, dead bricked, Purchase in 2020, Help Required

• s4shail

I have an ATV9 version for this device (experimental), but it works fine. I will send you the download link later by PM.

It looks like you created a short between TX and GND, check this out. Furthermore.. run a driver search in the device manager..

ok will check and retry,

please pm me the link

• Dear dtech sir

will check, and let you know the results,

3.3v pin soldered in box, but not connected to uart adapter and yes, you are right i am in search of driver, before i was getting error of

" driver phased out for windows 10" then i used drivers old version, but still it is showing triangle icon in devise manger.

• Dear Dtech sir

today i have successfully searched and installed the driver properly (ttl adapter) (and today putty also worked)

connected (cable)

grd to grd

tx to rx

rx to tx

connected adapter, when powered on some random no. flashed in putty again and again, not stopping,

numbers stopped when i switched off the power...

attaching log file and images for your reference.......

Please guide me further

Regards,

• s4shail

Okay, now I see that this bootloader isn't good, because it's made for a 2x1GB memory layout version and your version is 1x2GB.

Only LPDDR and its clock are correct, but the allocation is not.

Which firmware was last tried?

Is this status based on what I sent earlier (#2), or did it happen after the image sent by bumerc?

• s4shail

Okay, now I see that this bootloader isn't good, because it's made for a 2x1GB memory layout version and your version is 1x2GB.

Only LPDDR and its clock are correct, but the allocation is not.

Which firmware was last tried?

Is this status based on what I sent earlier (#2), or did it happen after the image sent by [user='2458']bumerc[/use

last installed image was yours, sir

what is the solution now...

Edited once, last by s4shail (July 30, 2021 at 9:55 AM).

• Failed to install the rom provided by bumerc (by nand pin short method)

attaching logs and screen shots for information

Please guide me further........

• Failed to install the rom provided by bumerc (by nand pin short method)

attaching logs and screen shots for information

Please guide me further........

Small bootloader update for Samsung LP memory..

1. Extract the *.7z file and burn the u-boot.bin to the mSD card. Use Amlogic BootcardMaker for this.
    2 Now start the box with the inserted mSD card and post the uart log.

u-boot.bin_p230_lpddr3.7z

Edited once, last by bumerc (July 31, 2021 at 7:37 PM).

• bin

Small bootloader update for Samsung LP memory..

1. Extract the *.7z file and burn the u-boot.bin to the mSD card. Use Amlogic BootcardMaker for this.
    2 Now start the box with the inserted mSD card and post the uart log.

u-boot.bin_p230_lpddr3.7z

Do not know how to burn bin file to sd card, amlogic bootcardmaker requires .img file to burn on SD...

but i burned image provided by bumerc to sd card and tried to install it by pressing recovery button @ bottom of the board.

and putty log for same has been attached..

• Read here -> Method 3

This is the wrong bootloader that you installed earlier. The new u-boot initializes the RAM at 768Mhz

Dear sir

I have triad the method3

when i press on make with selected bin file, it formats the card in fat32 and then shows success.

but sd card shows empty, then i copied the provided bin file manually on sd card. & booted the box with sd card, with recovery button pressed,

but no benefit, it still initializing on 720mhz.... may be it's not booting through SDcard....

was also trying to install KII_Pro_lpddr3_2g_4335_6255_Pie rom through putty ssh method (by searching online)

but struck at IP address (do not know the tv box's ip address, port is 22, to enter in putty for connection)

In present scenario i don't think that i can make this box alive, again...

REgards,

• when i press on make with selected bin file, it formats the card in fat32 and then shows success.

but sd card shows empty, then i copied the provided bin file manually on sd card. & booted the box with sd card, with recovery button pressed,

but no benefit, it still initializing on 720mhz.... may be it's not booting through SDcard....

That's right - Bootcardmaker writes the u-boot.bin from the 0 sector into a non-partitioned area on the SD card and creates a new partition table + formats it in FAT32. You do not have to copy the u-boot.bin to the FAT partition. Plug the mSD into the box, short-circuit the eMMC pins 29-30 and switch the box on. After 2 sec. let go of the pins. In this case, the processor ROM BL1 searches for the BL2 from the 0 sector on the mSD card

• That's right - Bootcardmaker writes the u-boot.bin from the 0 sector into a non-partitioned area on the SD card and creates a new partition table + formats it in FAT32. You do not have to copy the u-boot.bin to the FAT partition. Plug the mSD into the box, short-circuit the eMMC pins 29-30 and switch the box on. After 2 sec. let go of the pins. In this case, the processor ROM BL1 searches for the BL2 from the 0 sector on the mSD card

Please see the attached file log 768 mhz

• Very good, the new u-boot works now. I'll do an IMG update on the weekend and send you the download link via PM ;)

Please note the log provided is from "u-boot.bin.sd.bin" file ( two uboot bin files were present in the zip file)