Intel NUC D54250WYK HDMI issue on receiver

• HI,

I have the intel nuc in the subject. It works perfectly fine through my receiver while running windows. I use to have a full sized desktop running librelec in there but wanted to get rid of one box and downsize. Libreelec installed beautifully in my office (version 9.95.4) when I put it in place and powered it up, I see the NUC splash screen and can enter BIOS, but as soon as it goes to load libreelec I get a black screen. I can SSH but the web server never seems to come up.

I've tried downgrading to 9.26.6(no video but web server seems to start) and 9.95.1 (no video or web server), if I put the system back in my office it boots normally and everything works. I even tried the latest nightly (LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-10.0-nightly-20210622-48fe299.img.gz) same issue all around.

I've tried many BIOS settings and have updated to the latest BIOS available, still no joy.

Lastly, if I bypass the receiver and plug the nuc straight to the tv it works, then without turning anything off rewire the receiver in, it works until something gets powered off or the source is changed on the receiver.

I really want to get this working, I love libreelec and have put it on at least 20 devices, this is the first time I've ever had an issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, if you need anything more from me please let me know.

Thank you so much

• Hi, my question is ...

install you LE on the TV / Monitor and then you change to a other room or the receiver and there you have then the issue?

Looks same my issue ofter a new installation and change the Hardware/ TV ....

If he starts at the TV please go under the Settings / System and change the option

from default to the HDMI and the max. Resolution what your receiver can used. ( i can change this settings aber a restart on the new TV but maybe you receiver or LE need with a receicer between fixed values.

Edited once, last by Semiotik (June 22, 2021 at 10:14 PM).

• My tv is 4k and my receiver can do 1080P 60hz. I had a fullsized box there before I tried to put the NUC, running an nvidia card and it displayed correctly with the same HDMI settings. I can also run windows on that NUC at any resolution and it displays fine. Seems to be a driver or config issue in the LibreElec OS.

My TV is set to take HDMI as the input. I have tried Default, HDMI 1 and HDMI 0 on the NUC (Libreelec) same issue.

• I have an almost identical NUC and every once in a while I get a black screen on the TV. I then have to toggle the receiver's input selector one notch in either direction and back to the correct input and Libreelec appears after a few seconds. I think it's an hdmi handshake issue that plagues some users.

• shrioux

Start the LE on you TV (there he go and you see the Dashboard)

Go under Settings in LE and then System

Change Display from Default to HDMI 0 (this what stay in your menue and the Resolution change then please from 4096xXxxx to 1920xxxx

go out and please restart one times your LE

After the Restart please check your Resolution is fixed on 1920xXXxx

then shutdown and change you NUC on the Receiverport and start the NUC again with LE

Regards and please give a feedback

• I can't even hey it to show at all. I've tried cycling inputs, powering off and on,etc. The NUC doesn't have an issue with the handshake as I can see it post and get to bios, it's only once it gets into libreelec. I had Windows running with no handshake issues.

It's really weird.

Lastly, if I bypass the receiver and plug the nuc straight to the tv it works

why you say you dont see nothing?

i'm a little confused in moment ... one times you say it works if you put the NUC directly on the TV and now you dont see nothing!

put your NUC directly on the tv and then start LE and change the settings and back to the receiver and try

Edited once, last by Semiotik (June 23, 2021 at 1:11 PM).

• why you say you dont see nothing?

i'm a little confused in moment ... one times you say it works if you put the NUC directly on the TV and now you dont see nothing!

put your NUC directly on the tv and then start LE and change the settings and back to the receiver and try

sorry I was replying to bluribb

• ok so I did as you asked, connected LE to the tv, made sure it was in 1920x1080, rebooted several times to be sure. Powered off, reconnected to the Receiver, same thing, still see the NUC splash screen then it goes to no signal once LE loads. I tried with several resolutions and refresh rates.

I also tested to see if a driver might have gotten missed, to re-install while connected to the receiver, I get the NUC splash screen, then the writing saying LE install will load in 5, then no signal once the installer loads.

I have figured out a rather annoying work around for now, if I put my reciever in pure connect mode, reboot the NUC, then put the receiver back into straight mode, it works. This is effectively the same as connecting it to the tv then moving the cable without powering down, so the handshake is done differently. This has the added annoyance of having to reboot everything else I have on the receiver as all handshakes are dropped.

This is 100% some sort of handshake issue within LE as BIOS and windows both work and the LE installer wont even. Some driver that might be missing? or maybe too new for my reciever? I have a yamaha RX-V863, the hardware can handshake as evidenced by BIOS and WINDOWS.

• My intermittent black screen and no audio condition is with my old NUC DC53427HYE (i5-3427U) and my new Yamaha RX-A780 Receiver. I found a work around for the intermittent no audio problem (running a toggle refresh rate script at startup) but I must toggle the input knob on my Yamaha to bring the video back from a black screen condition. I always thought it was an hdmi handshake issue but I'm not 100% sure.

My older Yamaha Receiver did not have the intermittent audio issue.

Maybe it's a driver timing issue.