No sound on Pi4 with Libreelec 9.2.7 and HDMI not working

• Hi friends,

recently I bought my first Raspberry Pi4 after use during a couple of years the 3b+ model. On the features that it's new is the two HDMI. Well, if I connect the HDMI to the one which is located close to minijack audio it works on my Samsung TV but if I connect to the one of power port, black screen. Anything I miss?

On the other side there's no sound, I try to change options like the pass but nothing. If I connect a headphones to the minijack I have sound. Changing options to the audio out doesn't works. I have installed Libreelec 9.2.7

Thanks!!

• Maybe your device is defective. Try Raspberry Pi OS. If that OS also doesn't work on HDMI-0, order a replacement.

I try with Raspberry Pi OS and sound works fine but same problem with the HDMI. Searching on the internet I read that for HDMI problem I have to modify config.txt with sudo nano /boot/config.txt or maybe should it work by default?

Edited once, last by guaxirreton (June 21, 2021 at 4:03 PM).

• HDMI-0 (closest to the USB-C port) is the primary output for A/V. You shouldn't have deal with config.txt for this. Defective device.

I don't think I've *ever* heard of a defective pi that has working hdmi video and non-working hdmi audio (the physical pins used are the same for audio and video).

The issue if either going to be a configuration issue, or some incompatibility with the specific display.

If you have another hdmi display, please try that.

If you have no hdmi audio on a clean install of RPiOS, then try creating an issue here.

• I don't think I've *ever* heard of a defective pi that has working hdmi video and non-working hdmi audio (the physical pins used are the same for audio and video).

The issue if either going to be a configuration issue, or some incompatibility with the specific display.

If you have another hdmi display, please try that.

If you have no hdmi audio on a clean install of RPiOS, then try creating an issue here.

I try in another TV with HDMI, same result HDMI audio doesn't work and analogue yes. I have another SDcard with RPiOS installed and HDMI audio works perfect. I think with this result the more obvious is to think in some Libreelec configuration

• popcornmix The user has video at HDMI-1, but not at HDMI-0.

Ah, in that case I agree. If no picture from HDMI-0 (but HDMI-1 works) on RPiOS, then there's likey a physical problem with HDMI-0 connector.

You should return Pi for a replacement.

The audio issue with Kodi using HDMI-1 is software (only hdmi-0 is supported, and that may be resolved with the LE 10 beta).

But still best to get the faulty Pi replaced.