CEC not working between PI4 and Sony Bravia KDL32-WE610

• I have 1 Sony KDL32-WE610 TV (all updates) connected by a HDMI cable to a 4gb Raspberry PI4 using an HDMI to MicroHDMI adaptor.

The cable does work with CEC (tested using PS3). The TV does recognize Kodi as a Bravia Sync device, one time I booted it and it ran as expected, on next boots the remote had a 40 second or so delay, but now it just doesn't work at all (freshly installed OS on all cases, latest release).

What's weirder is the fact that KDE Plasma Bigscreen CEC for instance works flawlessly with the same setup, Kodi over there even recognized the remote a second time (I don't remember weather or not it was libCEC), leading to an easily solvable double tap problem.

Log - What happened here is that at the beginning it didnt work at all, left it alone while i wrote this, tried again to connect using Bravia Sync, it unexpectedly connected, then one tap became like 5, after a delay

Second Log - After a restart of both the TV and Pi4, tried multiple times from TV sync to connect, got a check cable or device error

I should add that the PI4 is new, microsd as well, connected to a wireless mouse and keyboard

• Official Post

Kindly refrain from using video piracy add-ons when asking for support.

As per our forum rules, Kodi setups with add-ons facilitating video piracy will not be given support.

So either remove them (displayed in orange) or find your support elsewhere.

It's not likely the source of your CEC issue, but rules are rules.

It's nothing personal, it's just "company policy".

By the way, the URLs for both your first and second log are identical.