LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.95.4 "does not see" satellite cards

• 1) nvidia.ko is never found because it is not there when depmod is executed. If a nvidia GPU is in the system we do decide later which of the two nvidia drivers are used and load is via insmod.

2) All you cards have to be supported by one driver package.

3) An additional package will only update the base package.

• Hi mglae ,

thank you for your reply. Just for clarification, depmod is run, when an additional driver package ist installed/used?

I ask because I just checked the output from dmesg on my system (now beta5) and the part with the kernel-overlays-setup ends with "kernel-overlays-setup: done" and no nvidia.ko error.

I only use the base package because I only have the TechnoTrend cards installed.

Thank you again for your support

Best regards

MadMax

• Just for clarification, depmod is run, when an additional driver package ist installed/used?

Yes. In this case depmod was executed at build time.

From 9.95.1 to 9.95.2 the kernel was updated from 5.10.21 to 5.10.30 what maybe added the bug you see.

9.95.5 and recent nightly builds are updated to 5.10.41 but you already tried that.

If not already done you can try the "recent kernel" driver package.

• Hi mglae ,

since my clean install of beta4 my system is running fine dvb-wise.

I'm just trying to help @mpavlis76 to figure out his problems with the combination of a tbs and a technotrend dvb card and hoping to learn a bit doing so. But I think it could be worth a try for him to test the "recent kernel" driver package.

thanks

MadMax

• Hello

I've exacly the same issue. In my case using CrazyCat drivers in version 10b4 or b5.

The card is a TBS6281SE dual tunner dvb-c/t via PCIE.

On my very old libreelec 9.0.x work fine. I've tried to install the new one beta5 in a diferent hardrive, so is very easy so swap between what is working, and what is not.

I've attached booth files out of dmesg command.

On TVheadend is shows the cards, but i not able to get any frequence, just fail all the Muxes scan.

I'm not expert in linux kernel, so I hope you guys can solve it. For now I'll run the old 9.0.x :(

Let me know if you want me to test something. Like i sair is very easy for me just swap the hard drive and boot.

• Hi jbitor

I think you have a slightly different problem. The dmesg output shows at the end that some firmware could not be loaded while I had the problem that the driver would crash and no adapter was visible in tvheadend. maybe the firmware files for your card are missing on your system

Regards

MadMax

• Update - after the release of the new beta build, I took the advice given earlier and ran LE directly from USB using the "run" command.

I tried installing both the latest kernel drivers as well as the offered CrazyCat driver package.

The results are attached:

Since I am not completely forged in Linux, I just add that after installing CrazyCat drivers, both satellite cards (one has four tuners and the other one only one) appear in the system, they are correctly detected, but during the boot the drivers keep crashing. On the other hand, during shutdown or reboot I always have to manually turn the PC off and back on again, because during the shutdown sequence LE stops at a system message that something is synchronizing somewhere, but it never takes place and the system stays stationary just before shutdown. After removing/disabling the CrazyCat drivers, everything starts working again immediately.

• I've given another shot today.... still doen't work. I've seen in other threads in the forum that we need to compile the driver with the new image... seems complex for a noob unfortunately.