RPi3 - No tar or tar.gz file for 9.2.7

• Went to update my Raspberry Pi 3 to 9.2.7 and found only a img.gz file on the download page. Last time I attempted an update using this type of file it corrupted my database. This is a compressed disk image file, not a compressed tar file or plain tar file.

The critical difference being that the img file will repartition my SD card. I have a 16 GB card in my Pi and last time it repartitioned it to 8GB, with 8GB marked unused. That corrupted my database.

Please post a tar or tar.gz file for any updates for the Raspberry Pi, and any supported system that uses SD cards, but especially for the current, 9.2.7, release.

A a tar/tar.gz file will unroll to populate the SD card with the updated files and leave the partition size alone.

Thanks.

• Last time I attempted an update using this type of file it corrupted my database.

Then you may have had a corrupted SD card when the img.gz file got extracted. However, the img.gz file can also be used for updating LibreELEC. It will be decompressing automagically.

Whatever went wrong the previous time, will not happen every time.

That said, always make backups first before upgrading an OS or application.