What happened to libreelec's page on facebook?

• Goodmorning everyone.

I admit this is something I wanted to ask for ~1 year now, and now that I have a few minutes to spend, I decided to open a thread about it.

So, as a le fan since late 2016/early 2017, I liked and followed libreelec's page on facebook so as to get the latest news in time. But, it has now been a year (more or less) since facebook says that the page is not available and the only thing a search returns is this shady group with the same name.

LibreELEC

What happened? Did you decide to close it? The remaining 5 links on the main page (github, twitter etc) work just fine.

• I see... I can't unfollow it anymore due to some facebook ui glitch, but thanks for sharing.

Feel free to remove the facebook button from the main page and lock this thread.

• Official Post

The only reason I still technically have a FB account is to cybersquat the LE page, which I marked hidden because there were too many twats determined to talk about piracy add-ons and spam posts for VPN services, and I couldn't be arsed to spend the time moderating the swamp it was turning into (typical for FB). If anyone else on the team ever admits to having an account I'd be happy to transfer it to them .. but so far nobody raised their hand.

• I would raise my hand, although I have no experience in facebook pages management. But now that I know the issues it faces, I would rather avoid it. How about deleting it completely?

• Official Post

If I delete the current page the name is released and someone else can register it, and then we'll have a page that looks official that's spammed by the same shits who want to advertise piracy add-ons and VPN and IPVT services. I would also also refuse to (re)assign admin rights to someone unknown to the project. So, the status quo shall remain.