10 Beta 3 - Kore Remote problems and others

• FYI, not entirely tested, same behavior with B2 and B3, RasPi 4

- Changing anything in config.txt (e.g. gpu-mem) results in black screens and or Kore not working anymore. Switching back to default config -> Sometimes everything works again, sometimes not. After fresh install everything seems fine until you touch anything in \flash\config. Even adding a comment line ( "# I am Batman") does sometimes end in black screen, but for sure in Kore not connecting anymore. No difference if I replace the whole file or change a line in my SSH client.

- HEVC, even in low bitrate, unwatchable

- Adding iptables in autostart.sh and a few unrelated things in advancedsttings.xml somehow HDMI does only work every second time, black screen, ssh and Kore still working - after deleting both files (autostart and advancedsettings, .config and storage/userdata in default), still the same... fresh install -> everything fine....that's extremely weird.

A fresh install without touching anything seems to produce no problems at all for hours. I know it sounds weird - still figuring out everything.....
    Thanks for listening

• Official Post

Thanks for reporting issues. On LE 10 Beta some settings, like HDMI modes, have been moved from config.txt to cmdline.txt. Maybe some config file parsing errors are happening now. I'll give dev's a hint to look at this.

• Official Post

I had a conversation. Please do this:

- fresh install of the latest LE 10 Beta

- activate debug logging at GUI (HUD will appear on top)

- reboot

- reproduce the error (edit a config file in a way, which produces an error)

- login by SSH and post the resulting link of pastekodi

With the log we can check whether it's a parsing error or something else.

• - fresh install of the latest LE 10 Beta

- activate debug logging at GUI (HUD will appear on top)

- reboot

- reproduce the error (edit a config file in a way, which produces an error)

- login by SSH and post the resulting link of pastekodi

Done.
    1. Fresh install. This time with your SD-Creator.
    2. Debug on
    3. Reboot (everything fine until now)
    4. Edited only one line in the config.txt (this time ONLY changed gpu_mem from 76 to 512, rest of file and system untouched!)
    5. Result: No HDMI connection (like in the other cases above)
    6. Kore Remote still working this time
    7. Checked and changed HDMI cable and port on Pi this time, and connection directly to monitor without AVR in between, changed SD-card to a better one without effect. Seems it has nothing to do with hardware and wiring.
    8. Paste -Link here:
    http://ix.io/3nQo

I will check with other settings in config, distro or cmdline and files in *userdata and in .config later....am a bit in a hurry, will check everything again later this week...
    Thanks very much an Greetings to you earthlings!

• Thanks for info, Da Flex!

For now I am leaving anything as it is and focus on the next problem: advancedsettings.
    I installed a few addons - one of them changed the advancedsettings or adds the very same. There was a message while installing, but I can't remember which add-on was responsible. Never seen this before....
    After that I can't ssh or teleguide with Kore anymore - checked network and there is no Raspberry to be seen. Rebooted, Pi is connected to router for about 20 seconds, and then gone.... Same behavior with my advancedsettings file, which basically was this:

<advancedsettings>

<videolibrary>

<usefasthash>false</usefasthash>

<recentlyaddeditems>80</recentlyaddeditems>

</videolibrary>

<cache>

<buffermode>1</buffermode>

<memorysize>278921216</memorysize>

<readfactor>20</readfactor>

</cache>

# <gui>

# <algorithmdirtyregions>0</algorithmdirtyregions>

# <smartredraw>true</smartredraw>

# </gui>

</advancedsettings>

Since I can't connect to LE anymore I put the SD in a linux machine and the addon did this:

<advancedsettings>

<network>

<curllowspeedtime>9999999</curllowspeedtime>

<curlclienttimeout>9999999</curlclienttimeout>

</network>

</advancedsettings

So I found the Emby-addon as the damn bugger which is responsible for changing the timeouts. I stop here since I think Emby isn't an official addon as far as I know.
    Deleted the addon and the advancedsettings, but still no network, so back to square one...

The rest seems to be a problem with some settings in config.txt:

hdmi_force_hotplug=1

hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1

hdmi_enable_4k=1

hdmi_enable_4kp60=1

hdmi_ignore_cec=1

hdmi_group=1

disable_overscan=1

config_hdmi_b o o st=7

hdmi_clock_change_limit=100

But since you told me that things changed to cmdline, I'll leave it the way it is for now.

Thanks so far....

• Official Post

The new syntax for video settings at cmdline.txt isn't very familiar to me. Here is a link to learn from: Click!

Cache settings at advancedsettings.xml are the second "red zone" beside gpu_mem for LE's stability.

It's not as harmful as gpu_mem, but the official dev's advice is not use anything inside the <cache> tag.