I request the subtitle options be "Set as Default for All Media" but it doesn't stick

• http://log

Here's the log.

Turned on debugging.

Rebooted.

Played a TV episode.

Subtitles were off.

Turned on subtitles.

Selected "Set as default..."

Confirmed that request.

Selected Close.

Subtitles worked as expected.

Played video for a few more seconds.

Stopped video.

Restarted video subtitles didn't display.

This happens all the time for any video.

• Official Post

Please rRetest with LE 9.95.2 or a currently nightly. If the issue is still present, report it to Kodi devs via their issue tracker on GitHub or via the forums as it's not an LE issue. If the issue isn't present .. you have a solution. There will be no more LE 9.2 releases so not much point/interest in bug reports there now.

• Official Post

To translate the answer a little bit:

LE 9.95.2 means LE 10 Beta. Don't forget to install this Beta from scratch - do not update your current LE version.

Your current Kodi version has known subtitle bugs. Some of them (hopefully all) are fixed at Kodi 19.1. Plans are to include Kodi 19.1 into LE 10 Final, so eventually you just have to wait to get the fix.

Thanks for the information. I think I'll wait to upgrade until LE Final - and then only when the Emby addon is working with it. I can live with turning on subtitles. Otherwise I'm good with everything LE.

Above is no longer the case I did upgrade as indicated in Signature and now I will go to the Kodi forum since the sticky Subtitle setting isn't working.

Thanks for your help.

Edited 4 times, last by mooncaptain: Changed Signature to reflect latest build in use (May 14, 2021 at 9:10 PM).

• Fixed the problem by changing the default settings in Settings/Player/Language. I set Preferred Audio and Preferred Subtitle to English and now all videos startup with Subtitles enabled - since I already selected that previously.