LE 9.95.2 RPI 4 // Wifi Network Acces Point: Region "Default - NOT SET" - Bug

• Hello,

I have installed the LE 10 Beta 2 on my Raspberry Pi 4. It works pretty good for a Beta Version - But there is one big thing:
    I have set up the Wifi Access Point Mode in Libre Elec Menu (for remote via Tablet (Android/ Yatse App). After every reboot the Wifi Region is resetted to "Default - NOT SET". If I set it to "Germany", the Access Point works with yatse / tablets a few minutes and then the Network won't be found again (Kodi server offline in Yatse, new Wifi Connection not possible even with other devices). If you then go to Settings the Region is again "Default - Not Set" - Setting back to Germany it works again - If you then shut down device and power On Device the Wifi Access Point won't work: --> Region "NOT-SET".

The Network Access Point Mode seems pretty unstable for me in this Beta. Do you already know that? Do you have the same bug? Is there a trick to solve the problem?

Thanks a lot!

• Official Post

The Network Access Point Mode seems pretty unstable for me in this Beta. Do you already know that? Do you have the same bug? Is there a trick to solve the problem?

The main issue with the hotspot feature is user expectation. ConnMan provides a deliberately simple WiFi hotspot not a wireless access point. It is designed for tethering a laptop to a mobile phone. It was added to the distro by me so I could connect to Hotel WiFi and (via the hotspot) pass the WiFi password check to get the HTPC onto the internet and watch a movie via Plex. It works for that and similarly simple tasks, but it is not a network access point or router - if you want a router, get a router. The second issue is that RPi has a weak antennae which users often hobble further with cases that impair signals.

I'm not sure why the settings add-on would lose the region config .. but this is not used when running the access point (which has an internal harcoded config) and switching between hotspot/wifi modes may drop the setting.