OpenMediaVault and Kodi

• I have a really big problem with OMV and Kodi

Everything is set up so far at OMV and at Kodi too. Both systems run on a Raspberry 3B + and so far works fine.

Even with Windows access, everything is great. I use it to send the new recordings to the NAS. And here all the hard drives go into automatic standby as they should.

But when I access the NAS via Kodi and I want to watch my recorded TV shows (access with SMB), the videos just get stuck and keep getting the message "NO ROUTE TO HOST" at the random time of different videos being played and then it stays The addressed hard disk is still in a continuous loop in operation, although it generally switches itself to standby after 10 minutes.

I've been hanging on with this problem for MONTHS and just can't find a solution to this problem ...

There are many on the net who have the same problem and no one knows a solution ..

You really feel left in the lurch ..

Because the question is, is it up to Libreelec / KODI or OpenMediaVault?

And how can I find out ??

It's really no longer fun JUST looking for solutions instead of my recordings .. It frustrates me every day and has been for over 4 months ...

And that nobody can offer any further information is just sad !!!!

Please please help me otherwise I will soon throw everything in the trash ..

edit with Google translate.. sorry, but my english is very terrible..

Edited once, last by CockPuncher (May 4, 2021 at 3:40 AM).

• Official Post

sorry, but my english is very terrible..

Your choice for a forum nickname is prime example of that as well.

Think again before signing up to a family-friendly forum.

the videos just get stuck and keep getting the message "NO ROUTE TO HOST" at the random time of different videos being played and then it stays The addressed hard disk is still in a continuous loop in operation, although it generally switches itself to standby after 10 minutes.

How are the RPi's network-connected, via wifi? Also provide a Kodi's debug log for information, as there is no crystal ball here.

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • Your choice for a forum nickname is prime example of that as well.

Think again before signing up to a family-friendly forum.

when this is not allowed, why can I used this name? 8o
    Then put Filters on creating Names by registrations :)

.. how can I change my Name? :)

How are the RPi's network-connected, via wifi?

The OMV System on RPi is LAN connected. Kodi runs over wifi.
    But Wifi works fine. Live-TV Streams works perfectly. This is not the problem.

Except for the Plex addon, but that's a whole different story

But I change under OMV the Share-Service and activated NFS. Somebody gave me a tip on the OMV forum

I ran a couple of recorded TV-Seasons over night and so far it's been going pretty wel

Although some episodes got stuck but the "No Route to Host" was not displayed and then continued after a few second.

I think I got the problem solved. FINALLY After Months..

I used SMB through Kodi and believe that was the problem

Since I had read everywhere that it was better than NFS

But anyway, thank you very much for your time and for trying to help me

I wish you a nice day :)

Wünsche euch einen schönen Tag :)