Raspberry Pi 4 - keeps rebooting

• Hi,

I cannot find a similar post with my issue.

Using "LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Win32.exe" I've written both images "LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.95.2.img.gz" and "LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.2.6.img.gz" to a Kingston 2Gb Micro SD card (at seperate times).

When booting, the LibreELEC splashscreen appears and the OS partitions the SD card and then, as expected, reboots itself.

The next time the Pi starts, the splashscreen is again displayed, but rather than loading fully the LibreELEC OS, the Pi reboots. The Pi then goes into a reboot cycle.

I tried using a different image writer but the same outcome presents.

All thoughts are welcome! /shrug

Thanks,

Adam.

• Go to Best Answer
  • Hi,

I used a 32Gb SD card SanDIsk Ultra - still the same. Built the card per my previous post, it boots, formats its partitions, reboots again, then goes into the reboot cycle.

Are there logs I can examine or perhaps switch on / increase the logging level?

Is there anyting else you can suggest or anything else i can do to tease out additional information?

Thanks,

Adam.

• Yes RPi 4B itself consumes over 1A so with 850mA adapter you can probably see a lightning bolt flashing in top right screen's corner which means undervoltage. A more powerful adapter is necessary for sure.