master build failed

• Hi,

I tried to build libreElec from git master with

Code
    PROJECT=Rockchip ARCH=arm DEVICE=RK3399 make image

build failes at kody package.

There are various errors, but I don't know, which of them is relevant or causes the failure.

cmake states at kody build, that it can't find Bluetooth, but libbluez was built before. It also claims, that there is no MDNS and no Sndio ...

... later the build of dvdcss fails on autoreconf ...

I uploaded a a compressed build log

• for whatever reason your PATH is being quoted and being interpreted as a command

Code
    FAILED: build/libdvd/src/dvdcss-stamp/dvdcss-autoreconf 

cd /media/video/test/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-RK3399.arm-10.0-devel/build/kodi-1a1c5028f24a992134e2a1745519914e303eee4c/.armv8a-libreelec-linux-gnueabihf/build/libdvd/src/dvdcss && "PATH=/media/video/test/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-RK3399.arm-10.0-devel/toolchain/bin:/media/video/test/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-RK3399.arm-10.0-devel/toolchain/bin:/media/video/test/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-RK3399.arm-10.0-devel/toolchain/sbin:/home/work/perl5/bin:/home/work/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/games:/usr/games:~/.local/bin:/opt/java/javafx/javafx-sdk-11.0.2/lib" autoreconf -vif && /media/video/test/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-RK3399.arm-10.0-devel/toolchain/bin/cmake -E touch /media/video/test/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-RK3399.arm-10.0-devel/build/kodi-1a1c5028f24a992134e2a1745519914e303eee4c/.armv8a-libreelec-linux-gnueabihf/build/libdvd/src/dvdcss-stamp/dvdcss-autoreconf

/bin/sh: 1: PATH=/media/video/test/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-RK3399.arm-10.0-devel/toolchain/bin:/media/video/test/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-RK3399.arm-10.0-devel/toolchain/bin:/media/video/test/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-RK3399.arm-10.0-devel/toolchain/sbin:/home/work/perl5/bin:/home/work/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/games:/usr/games:~/.local/bin:/opt/java/javafx/javafx-sdk-11.0.2/lib: not found

ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
  • Thank you very much!

I tried the command with unquoted path and that works.

Then I did a quick grep, which showed, that the quoted path is originated from this file:

Code
    build.LibreELEC-RK3399.arm-10.0-devel/build/kodi-1a1c5028f24a992134e2a1745519914e303eee4c/.armv8a-libreelec-linux-gnueabihf/build.ninja

I guess, that file is extracted from kodi archive. Right?

• Hi,

I changed that build.ninja file, but the build fails anyway with the same error. So that file will be generated most probabely. But as the path is assembled with the help of lot of variables, I have no chance to find the source of evil.

Could you please shine me a light, where I have to look for?

• Thank you for the link and sorry for not having searched :(

I use debian stable as build host. Wanted to use an ubuntu virtualbox, but actually my virualboxes don't run - and currently I don't want to spend time on virtualbox research ... Don't use it that much as in former days, where I needed a windows client ...

As I don't know anything about containers, I tried to use my working machine.

I would say, it should be possible to build kodi without having libdvdcss locally installed. I don't need that lib and I'm pretty sure, that I won't need that lib on my future libreElec pi.

But probabely libdvdcss is not the only package that creates wrong generated commands?!? So I'd like to find out the source of trouble and fix it.

• Another idea:

I saw, that some autoreconf work with keyfiles.

What about a keyfile, that flags the successful run of autoreconf?

In case of libdvdcss - changing the quoted path manually and run autoreconf manually works.

The problem is, that a "make image" started after that manually executed autoreconf does not check the current situation - it just generates the faulty command and fails again.

• I've noticed you have an odd path in your PATH variable: ~/.local/bin - not sure where that comes from and why the tilde isn't expanded into $HOME (that seems to have worked for /home/work/perl5/bin and /home/work/bin.

Might be worth tracking down where that comes from and getting rid of it - maybe that's what the build system trips over (the other linked bug report also had a non-expanded tilde in the PATH). Look at .profile, .bash_profile, .bashrc etc files in your home directory and also for profile/bash stuff in /etc.

so long,

Hias

• Hias, you're my hero! :D

Don't know how or why, but that did the trick!

I cleaned up my path settings and did a "make clean" followed by "make image" and all went well and system comes up as expected (without installing libdvdcss locally).

Thank you very much!

Now I can start customization ...

• Just a note:

current master build failes at udevil(-0.4.4).

I checked the logs and added a line

Code
    #include <sys/stat.h>

to src/device-info.c

... and now the build works again.