V 9.2.x hangs with "random: crng init done"

• Hello,

I have tried several versions of 9.2.x (.6 / .5. / .4). All hang with the message random: crng init done" . Before that the message "random: fast init done" lasts about 2 minutes.

I have tried different SD cards (all 32GB), and a 2GB USB stick. I have also tried different power supplies.

The V9.95.1 (Matrix) boots and works fine. However, I want to use Kodi V18.

Hardware: Raspberry4 with 2GB

Who can help me?

Edited 3 times, last by DoXer (April 14, 2021 at 12:37 PM).

• Sorry, didn't mentioned it. I also tried newest Raspbian. Keep in mind, LibreElec MATRIX boots succesfully.

Same issue with Rufus to write the SD-Card.

• Login with ssh is not possible, because the system hangs . I have no login, no ssh.

Which bootloader version do you have installed? Check / upgrade it to latest from working OS as described here.

I have the latest bootloader installed. This was done with an Image based on Kernel 5. All the hangs on booting are with images based on Kernel V4.

• Don't you have any bootable device connected to USB port?

Read this: Boot hang after "random: crng init done" - Raspberry Pi Forums

I would try to disconnect anything from your RPi except display and try to boot.

Check / share the bootloader config - maybe there's a boot preference incompatible with older firmware (which is in older LE image). If this is the case, perhaps it could be possible to replace the RPi firmware in your older LE with the working firmware from the working LE image.

Also try to compare the cmdline.txt files from working / not working images if there's any difference.

• Booting only with HDMI without success.

The issue ist also with original bootloader (03.09.2020)

Bootloader (started from working image, from there I updated the bootloader)

Working cmdline.txt from Linux raspberrypi 5.10.17-v7l+

Code
    boot=UUID=1103-0809 disk=UUID=9ee2217f-7b96-4eee-8977-167cca3a35d6

Not working cmdline.txt from LE V9.2.6

Code
    boot=UUID=2410-0508 disk=UUID=09814adf-0b3e-462b-ad3f-abd8815b9b92 initcall_debug=1 loglevel=8
  • Unfortunately no.

I also checked the UID with lsblk in my ARCH-Linux and edit it, no success. Also replacing the UUID with "/dev/sda1" and "/dev/sda2" did not solved the issue.

• This is from a Kernel V5 Raspbian. As mentioned, with Kernel V4 I did not get a prompt or ssh-connect, becasue the system hangs.