Switched to Liberelec from Windows, now i have buffering issues

• So, basically as the title says.

I was using Windows 10 for my HTPC OS, but i wanted to try out LibreElec. I like it so far, but i'm having buffering issues all of a sudden.

When watching the last movie i watched on windows, it starts, and after a second or 2, it has to buffer for 5 seconds, then plays sorta fine, but still stutters from time to time.

I have been messing with the advancedsettings.xml, which has made it better (because it can buffer more before running out), but it's still not solved.

Files are played from my NAS through a gigabit network, i've tried NFS and SMB, but this didn't yield a difference.

PC specs are a J4105 with 8GB of ram and a Samsung 830 128GB SSD.

NAS is an XPEnology with 8GB of ram, running on an Intel Dual Core E8200, Everything is connected wired on a 1Gbit network.

Any idea's?

Edited once, last by Theelichtje (April 15, 2021 at 8:02 PM).

• Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • I've pulled a log, it's at: http://ix.io/2WcI. This is starting the PC, navigating to my movie, starting it, waiting until it's had to buffer twice, then stopped the movie and pulled the log.

This from a completely fresh install, just added the source of my NAS through NFS.

I've been testing for the last day, these are my findings:

When copying a file from the NAS to Libreelec, it goes with a speed of 80-90Mb/s, so more than enough for good playback.

Playing the file from the HTPC's harddrive, it plays fine.

Messing around with the buffer settings hasn't changed a thing, neither does adding the source through SMB.

I didn't have these issues on Windows, i switched because of a few different issues (lag for input on startup, had to run extra software to get me remote etc to work, etc), playback was 100% smooth then.

Any input is appreciated!