Transcoding Tvheadend DVB-T with FFMPEG Rpi

• Further testing and it looks like issue is with my streams and even recordings...ffmpeg is showing many errors while transcoding both live tv and recordings..strange thing is these corrupt segments are not teally visible when watching live tv and not even on recordings...my reception is a bit on the low side tough..about 43%..

Have you've been successful meanwhile ?

When you say 43%, can you report the SNR ? (in tvheadend's interface, status/stream).

For your reference, in average I have:
    cable - SNR 36.3 dBm ; Signal strength 51.0 dBm.
    sat - SNR 15. dBm ; -30.5 dBm.

Using a TBS 5520 SE combo receiver.

• Have you've been successful meanwhile ?

When you say 43%, can you report the SNR ? (in tvheadend's interface, status/stream).

For your reference, in average I have:
    cable - SNR 36.3 dBm ; Signal strength 51.0 dBm.
    sat - SNR 15. dBm ; -30.5 dBm.

Using a TBS 5520 SE combo receiver.

SNR 28 db

strenght -78 dBm

• SNR 28 db

strenght -78 dBm

Well ... assuming those are DVB-C signals, I will suggest you to try a different connection.

do you have a way to connect to 1 of the first cable wall plugs ?

Or even directly in the cable that enters your home ?

(just to make sure you are not getting a big signal drop in your home cabling, and assure that that is not the reason for your breaks)

• Well ... assuming those are DVB-C signals, I will suggest you to try a different connection.

do you have a way to connect to 1 of the first cable wall plugs ?

Or even directly in the cable that enters your home ?

(just to make sure you are not getting a big signal drop in your home cabling, and assure that that is not the reason for your breaks)

This is DVB t signal from antenna in the Uk..problem is server is 3000km away so can't play much with cables..I do all trough ssh and vnc.

I don't really get any breaks while streaming or on recordings both sd and hd work fine..not that I really need transcoding..was more of some experimenting..as I spend more time faffing around then watching TV :) errors are only with ffmpeg..

Edited once, last by Mario77 (May 19, 2021 at 11:51 PM).