SMB Connection Time Out (Fresh Install of 10.0 Beta)

• After performing a fresh install of LibreELEC 10.0 Beta on my Rapberry Pi 4 (LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.95.1.img.gz), I can't seem to access my Samba share (Windows 10) any longer.

I've just installed Kodi Matrix on a few Amazon Fire Sticks as well and they can access the share so I think this problem has something to do with LibreELEC specifically.

sources.xml:

passwords.xml:

Code
    <passwords>
        <path>
            <from pathversion="1">smb://BEJHAN-PC/</from>
            <to pathversion="1">smb://share:redacted@BEJHAN-PC/</to>
        </path>
    </passwords>

I've attached a debug kodi.log.

The following lines correspond to me trying to play a library item that is located on the Samba share:

The IP address 10.13.137.57 that is specified a few times is especially puzzling.

BEJHAN-PC has an IP address of 192.168.0.180 so I'm not sure where that is coming from.

I checked the SMB client settings on the Fire Sticks for any discrepancies but they are the same.

I also tried explicitly adding the IP address from BEJHAN-PC to /storage/.config/hosts.conf but it made no difference.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• Most likely you have a VM running on the Windows machine and its address is selected. Use nmblookup BEJHAN-PC on the RPI to verify.

If yes use smb://[email protected]/

See pvr.mediaportal - working in LE 9.26, not working in LE 10.0

As you suggested, the strange IP address belongs to a secondary adapter on BEJHAN-PC:

This particular IP belongs to a VPN tunnel but I have a VM running too, which would also be problematic:

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # nmblookup BEJHAN-PC
    192.168.0.180 BEJHAN-PC<00>
    192.168.56.1 BEJHAN-PC<00>
    10.13.137.57 BEJHAN-PC<00>

As you suggested, using the IP address instead of the hostname in sources.xml solved my issue:

Though I also had to add a path substitution to advancedsettings.xml since all of the paths in my shared library use the hostname:

Code
        <pathsubstitution>
            <substitute>
                <from>smb://BEJHAN-PC/</from>
                <to>smb://192.168.0.180/</to>
            </substitute>
        </pathsubstitution>

Thanks for you help!

• I ran the command on 192.168.0.180 as well as I was curious as to the difference in result:

• Is there another work around for this issue that would allow continuing to use hostname? Maybe a way I can hide my other adapter IPs from the Samba probe?

I just ask because using the IP address and path substitution works fine for library browsing (movies and TV shows) but doesn't support fetching library information when browsing sources (videos).

• I will create a kodi PR the next few days to select the public IP address.

I don't see any work around because nmblookup is the first method tried by kodi.

• This issue only exists on my Raspberry Pi (LibreELEC), what would be reason that my Fire Sticks don't exhibit the same problem?

Just curious. Thanks.

• I'd previously just looked at the LibreELEC releases on GitHub and didn't see a release with a description that specified a Kodi merge (after the date on which your Kodi PR was merged). However, now comparing the 9.95.2 and 9.95.4 tags, I see there was a Kodi 19.1 merge on May 9th (PR #5360).

I also just reverted my sources.xml to use hostname (rather than IP address) and it now works!

Thank you so much for fixing this issue!