Posts by bejhan

I'd previously just looked at the LibreELEC releases on GitHub and didn't see a release with a description that specified a Kodi merge (after the date on which your Kodi PR was merged). However, now comparing the 9.95.2 and 9.95.4 tags, I see there was a Kodi 19.1 merge on May 9th (PR #5360).

I also just reverted my sources.xml to use hostname (rather than IP address) and it now works!

Thank you so much for fixing this issue!

Is there another work around for this issue that would allow continuing to use hostname? Maybe a way I can hide my other adapter IPs from the Samba probe?

I just ask because using the IP address and path substitution works fine for library browsing (movies and TV shows) but doesn't support fetching library information when browsing sources (videos).

I ran the command on 192.168.0.180 as well as I was curious as to the difference in result:

Most likely you have a VM running on the Windows machine and its address is selected. Use nmblookup BEJHAN-PC on the RPI to verify.

If yes use smb://[email protected]/

See pvr.mediaportal - working in LE 9.26, not working in LE 10.0

As you suggested, the strange IP address belongs to a secondary adapter on BEJHAN-PC:

This particular IP belongs to a VPN tunnel but I have a VM running too, which would also be problematic:

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # nmblookup BEJHAN-PC
    192.168.0.180 BEJHAN-PC<00>
    192.168.56.1 BEJHAN-PC<00>
    10.13.137.57 BEJHAN-PC<00>

As you suggested, using the IP address instead of the hostname in sources.xml solved my issue:

Though I also had to add a path substitution to advancedsettings.xml since all of the paths in my shared library use the hostname:

Code
        <pathsubstitution>
            <substitute>
                <from>smb://BEJHAN-PC/</from>
                <to>smb://192.168.0.180/</to>
            </substitute>
        </pathsubstitution>

Thanks for you help!

After performing a fresh install of LibreELEC 10.0 Beta on my Rapberry Pi 4 (LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.95.1.img.gz), I can't seem to access my Samba share (Windows 10) any longer.

I've just installed Kodi Matrix on a few Amazon Fire Sticks as well and they can access the share so I think this problem has something to do with LibreELEC specifically.

sources.xml:

passwords.xml:

Code
    <passwords>
        <path>
            <from pathversion="1">smb://BEJHAN-PC/</from>
            <to pathversion="1">smb://share:redacted@BEJHAN-PC/</to>
        </path>
    </passwords>

I've attached a debug kodi.log.

The following lines correspond to me trying to play a library item that is located on the Samba share:

The IP address 10.13.137.57 that is specified a few times is especially puzzling.

BEJHAN-PC has an IP address of 192.168.0.180 so I'm not sure where that is coming from.

I checked the SMB client settings on the Fire Sticks for any discrepancies but they are the same.

I also tried explicitly adding the IP address from BEJHAN-PC to /storage/.config/hosts.conf but it made no difference.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I just installed a fresh copy of LibreELEC 8.2.5 on a Rasperry Pi 3 B+ then installed the Plex add-on.

The add-on crashes quite frequently, at seemingly random times.

I am able to watch videos and browse around, then BAM all of a sudden a a key press causes a crash.

Attached are all of the crash reports.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.