LibreELEC Retroplayer 8.0 Test Builds

• Official Post

Thank you just tried and now the problem that I had regarding the black screen is disappeared. I've test game boy and PlayStation emulator: the first works good but I can't save. The second works but is painful slow (on raspberry 2) and also it doesn't auto remap keys like the game boy emulator so with a ps3 controller I can only "control" kodi and not the game itself, while in the GB everything is fine controller too . Thanks for you update another strange thing is that i can't install the game repo provided it's not listed .

Even if you cannot save you should be able to use "save states" however this may require a keyboard to be plugged in to access the menu by hitting "enter" then going the the "save states" manager icon.

The psx controller issues I am aware of and will try and fix it.

On RPi you should make sure to use pcsx-rearmed as the emulator instead of beetle-psx if you aren't already.

• Even if you cannot save you should be able to use "save states" however this may require a keyboard to be plugged in to access the menu by hitting "enter" then going the the "save states" manager icon.

The psx controller issues I am aware of and will try and fix it.

On RPi you should make sure to use pcsx-rearmed as the emulator instead of beetle-psx if you aren't already.

Thank you for your reply lrusak, I will try the save state instead of "internal" games saves. I used pcsx-rearmed and all is fine:) except of speed... just for information (I'm not planning to play with raspberry so not a problem) the slowness with pcsx is due to Raspberry or generally due to that particular emulator?:) Another question, are you going to merge these retroplay changes for LibreELEC 8?

• Official Post

Thank you for your reply lrusak, I will try the save state instead of "internal" games saves. I used pcsx-rearmed and all is fine except of speed... just for information (I'm not planning to play with raspberry so not a problem) the slowness with pcsx is due to Raspberry or generally due to that particular emulator? Another question, are you going to merge these retroplay changes for LibreELEC 8?

Check in the psx-rearmed emulator settings, there should be options "enable interlacing mode", "enhanced resolution", and "enhanced resolution speed hack". Try enabling all these options.

Add-ons --> get add-ons --> my addons --> game add-ons --> emulators --> pcsx-rearmed --> configure.

I track upstream and it is unlikely that retroplayer will make it into kodi-17.

• Check in the psx-rearmed emulator settings, there should be options "enable interlacing mode", "enhanced resolution", and "enhanced resolution speed hack". Try enabling all these options.

Add-ons --> get add-ons --> my addons --> game add-ons --> emulators --> pcsx-rearmed --> configure.

I track upstream and it is unlikely that retroplayer will make it into kodi-17.

Make sure you disable "rewind" support - that slows down emulators a lot.

Thank you both:) finally I can say not only it works but it works well: disabling rewind help A LOT but also enabling the options of which was talking lrusak gave the final touch. The only thing now is that the controller, when pcsx is running, is ignored by the emulator and it still controls kodi so there is no way to interact with the game. Again thanks. I will continue to test:)

• Hi all, i've got the test build working well.. the hard reset was the key. Thanks for the guidance.

Another question. If one needed to put a BIOS file somewhere, where would it be put? I cant seem to find anything on google or logs that says where to put them.

Nathan

• Official Post

Hi all, i've got the test build working well.. the hard reset was the key. Thanks for the guidance.

Another question. If one needed to put a BIOS file somewhere, where would it be put? I cant seem to find anything on google or logs that says where to put them.

Nathan

Bios files go in

Code
    /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/game.libretro.[emulator]/system/
  • Sadly no matter what emulator I try, I get sound but no image (black screen). [EDIT]This is on a RPi 3.[/EDIT]

Also would it be possible to add symlinks to the emulators that need a BIOS? I'm thinking about something like /storage/.kodi/game.libretro.[EMULATOR]/[BIOSFILE] to /storage/BIOS/[BIOSFILE] - This would make the initial setup more simple for the user (just place all BIOS files to /storage/BIOS/ and be happy) + maybe save some space (no duplicated BIOS files in various folders for similiar emulators). Maybe the same could even be done for ROMs (folders like /storage/roms/GB /storage/roms/GBA and so on) ?

Edited once, last by V10lator (June 30, 2016 at 11:44 AM).

• I tried to built RPi (1st gen) of libreelec from GitHub - lrusak/LibreELEC.tv at retroplayer-kodi-17 and it failed with:

error: while searching for:
    #include "peripherals/devices/Peripheral.h"
    #include "utils/log.h"

using namespace JOYSTICK;

#define LEFT_STICK_NAME "leftstick"

error: patch failed: build.LibreELEC-RPi.arm-7.90.003/kodi-17.0-alpha3-fc46cf2/xbmc/input/joysticks/DeadzoneFilter.cpp:24
    error: build.LibreELEC-RPi.arm-7.90.003/kodi-17.0-alpha3-fc46cf2/xbmc/input/joysticks/DeadzoneFilter.cpp: patch does not apply

It seems that the kodi_garbear-retroplayer-17.0.patch did not apply corrently. Did I somehow use incorrect kodi version ?

• Hi All,

I want try out retroplayer for the first time. Can i just upgrade by downloading the retroplayer build and put it in the update folder? (im currently running a generic libreelec 7.0.2 x64 build)
    Do I keep all my addons and settings? I see some users report they had to do a hard reset before it fully functions? or can i do a backup, hard reset and then restore?

What are the things i should know about before starting?

Thanks for the advice!

Edited once, last by snixel (September 9, 2016 at 1:27 PM).