Wifi Issue on raspberry pi 4b

• Hi all,

i installed the most recent version of libreelec on my raspberry pi 4b. During the installation all Wifis were shown and i was able to connect to my homes wifi.

The connection still works and I'm able to use connect using this direction. Now i would like to connect to a different wifi but i can't see any. The only connection I see is the one i'm currently connected to.

What could be the reason?

Thanks

• Poor WiFi signals? - RPi4 is better than RPi3 for WiFi but with no antenna the connection is never brilliant. Also check the reegulatory domain setting as the default "world" config may not be fully compatible with the radio transmission requirements in your country.

• Hi, no i don't think signal strength is the issue. I "saw" a lot of networks during initial setup. Creating a mobile hotspot 1m form the rpi doesn't work as well.

Reg. Domain is set to "DE" - which is correct

• Hi all,

i installed the most recent version of libreelec on my raspberry pi 4b. During the installation all Wifis were shown and i was able to connect to my homes wifi.

The connection still works and I'm able to use connect using this direction. Now i would like to connect to a different wifi but i can't see any. The only connection I see is the one i'm currently connected to.

What could be the reason?

Thanks

Hello dehein2,

If you disconnect from the WiFi network that you're currently connected to, do the nearby WiFi networks then appear in the list after a few seconds?

I have observed the issue you described where I can only see the WiFi network I'm currently connected to. Selecting the Gear icon at top left of Main LibreELEC screen/LibreELEC/Connections/Disconnect then will cause the other nearby WiFi networks to populate the list after a few seconds. I'm using LibreELEC 9.2.6 on a RasPi4-8GB.

This seems to occur only after I have rebooted my Raspi. If I power off my device and then power it back on, when I look at the list of nearby WiFi networks, I see several including the one I am connected to.

I don't know why this happens, only my observations of my own Raspi. Consider disconnecting from the WiFi network you are currently connected to when it happens to you to see if your list populates.

I hope this has been helpful.

Edited once, last by steveslim (March 25, 2021 at 3:50 PM).