Question about 4k60 on libreelec 10

• Hi when i had libreelec 9 i had 4k60hz and without gettig a fresh install i upgraded to libreelec 10 in config.txt the 4k60hz option dissapeared ,although i know 4k60hz isnt possible on libreelec 10 yet ,i was facing some known issues with the sound that was synched and the playback wasnt smooth how can i fix that? I read about other users that just deleted that options and they were find but i cant find this option since i upgraded to libreelec 10 , is there any way to fix that without having a fresh install? Thank you all for your precious time

Edited once, last by linuxuser (March 23, 2021 at 9:13 AM).

• I'm assuming you mean on an RPi4? AFAIK that isn't supported yet and you shouldn't be using the 4k60 option

Yes I am using rpi4 8gb ram model and yes I know its not supported but I am facing some issues that in other threads are caused by the 4k60 option in config.txt but I don't have that option although I had it on libreelec 9 and upgrade it to libreelec 10 thank you for your precious time

• Okay when I play a movie suddenly the after the first 30 mins the audio isn't synchronized with the video , and when I stop the playback the video still continues to play for 10-30 seconds and this happens to all files with 4k hdr and HD Audio pass-through and these files are not 4k60 just 4k30

• Maybe buffer size isn't large enough for HD audio. Try this at /storage/.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml:

Code
    <advancedsettings version="1.0">
        <cache>
          <memorysize>2000000000</memorysize> <!-- 2GB buffer size -->
        </cache>
    </advancedsettings>

Hi thanks for the response, since I am a begginer what's the easier way to access and edit this file? Because I can't find the file through nppftp on notepad++

Edited once, last by linuxuser (March 25, 2021 at 12:26 PM).

• I would not recommend this

Then what can I do to fix it, I also saw some other created thread in libreelec forum that have the exact same problem I think but I am not sure. But anyway what do you think i must do in order to resolve the issue

Thank you for your help in advance

• Nothing really. Consider the RPi4 build still a work in progress :)

I hadn't these problems on libreelec 9 but only in libreelec 10, and it is really annoying to see any movie (that happens to 1080p videos too sometimes) and after 20-30 minutes the audio is out of synch with the video suddenly and I must restart libreelec raspberry pi 8gb ram model to watch normally some more 20-30 minutes of the movie and after I must restart again....

Thank you for your precious time