GUI sounds lost when stopping video file before the end.

• Logs: http://ix.io/2SYV

NUC8i5BEK, i5 8259U CPU, IRIS PLUS 655 GPU, 16 G ram, LibreELEC (official): 9.95.1 10.0, kernel: Linux x86 64-bit version 5.10.21

System starts ok, loads Kodi, menu navigation works with GUI sounds as expected.

Start video file, play till end, screen returns to library screen (TV show, movie, etc.), GUI sounds work as expected.

If I stop the video playback *before* the end of the file (the start of the end credits for example, or 30 seconds in from the start), the screen returns to the library view but now GUI sounds don't work.

If I reset the Audio output device in System settings or reboot, GUI sounds return.

I just now noticed that if I leave the HTPC alone for a few minutes, GUI sounds also return.

This behavior has been present for the last few weeks of nightlies as well.

A minor glitch to be sure, but I thought I'd mention it.

Not whining, you understand :thumbup:

Addendum: I forgot to add, this issue does not occur if I turn off "Adjust Display Refresh Rate", currently set to "On Start/Stop".

Edited once, last by whysoserious: Merged a post created by whysoserious into this post. (March 15, 2021 at 10:10 PM).

• Update: This issue continues with all the recent nightlies, but I think the root cause was one of my settings.

System/Settings/Audio/Output config =set to "Best match" = problem exists. :(

System/Audio/Output config = set to "Fixed" = Problem resolved, GUI sounds work. :)