SOLVED - Loss of TV shows library

• So, I'm not quite sure what happened, but I added some files to my local harddrive and added them to my TV library. They scanned and were added as expected. Then I turned off my TV and Raspberry Pi 4 and when I restarted everything to watch TV, the TV shows tab is empty. All previously listed shows vanished and it's like there was never any TV shows. And I don't seem to be able to add them back. I can find the shows through the file browser, they all play so nothing is wrong there. I looked at the logs and there is a scraper failure error. Ok, this could be the problem, but why remove everything?

Having thought about it a bit longer, I'm guessing there is a DB error, so I have tried to fix that through the menus - Remove sources. Cleaning the library. Recreate TV SHows library.

So far, nothing.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I know how to ssh in and can copy and paste commands, but beyond that I'm not very linux savvy.

Any help gratefully received.

• First thing to make sure is that your local harddrive keeps the same device name/number after LibreELEC is shut down.

Why your TV entries suddenly disappeared, I don't know. Perhaps a corrupted database file and/or a problematic SDcard.

Now that you already "tried to fix" the DB error, there is no way for us to tell what is and is not in your database.

The simplest solution is to start from the beginning, with a new database. So rename/delete the current MyVideos116/119.db (whichever is appropriate, and restart LibreELEC.

• Hi Klojum,

I'm not sure it was a usb/device id issue as I could still access movies and music without trouble.

By removing MyVideos116.db file did the trick.

A quick rescan afterwards rebuilt the db and all is working again. I'll have to get myself a second sdcard a a backup and/or investigating booting from a usb/ssd.

Is that possible now? I seem to recall usb booting a problem on the pi4s - time for some research. :)

Many thanks for your help.

tophee