Need help with Harmony Remote

• Hi guys,

I know another thread with Harmony, but believe it I've read all the threads here and on Kodi, at least this is what I believe ;) . Sorry for the rather long introduction but I think it's important to understand my settings and what I already did. And it's not "the" problem it's just that I'd like to understand the cause and how to fix it:

I'm running 3 Kodi installations. One on WIN10 based on NUC and two Libreelec based on Raspberry PI4. All of them having the same set-up. eg. Addons, Skin, etc. etc. The only difference are the Remotes. Win10 is controlled by an Bluetooth Airmouse , one Libreelec by an ordinary IR Remote and the other one by a Harmony HUB / Remote.

The PI4s are equipped with this remote board (which works excellent)

RemotePi Board for Pi 4 – MSL Digital Solutions

and this is the ordinary remote

Remote – MSL Digital Solutions

What drives me nuts is the following symptom:

In Live TV mode on the "Harmony Pi4" the arrows up and down switching the TV channels accordingly as it should be according to Keyboard controls - Official Kodi Wiki

On the two others the "arrow up" brings up the OSD and on the OSD you can move through the TV channels getting the info what's currently on air without switching to the channel. Just by pressing the OK button than it switches to the selected channel.

Although this is not the standard, but this would be my prefered setting. Because just zapping through the channels is rather cumbersome due to the delay on the VU+ PVR and the resync on start on Kodi.

As mentioned not the biggest problem but if someone could point me to the right direction or even has an idea how to fix it, I would highly appreciate.

Best

• Thanks, will give it a try and will report. But the remarkable thing is, that it just happens on the Harmony PI. The remote as such is perfectly working.

• Da Flex, thanks for helping me. But this is pointing me in the wrong direction.

I've to confess that I'm not a developer. Grew up with DOS and try to find my way into Linux ... which is tough. So please consider my answers under this aspect.

What I understand is that rc_maps.cfg is "just" pointing Libreelec to the Remote config file in this description it's a NEC Remote. Checked both PI4 installation the Harmony is not having any remote config files it seems it's working out of the box. The other one I had to configure the remote and in this case I'm having a config file in /storage/.config/rc_keymaps/.

Is there a "simple" way to configure the "translater" between the remote config file like mecool (the example for NEC) and the Libreelec commands. What I believe is that there should be a translation between the different remote controls and the real Libreelec commands.

PS.: Can you explain why we should switch off the CEC? Because in my case it makes no difference.

• Harmony and CEC doest not work very well together. With CEC the TV talks independently from the Harmony to LibreElec and may change states and internal, in which the Harmony believes.

Which IR on the RPi4 do you use with the Harmony?

• the RPi4 needs some HAT or closure to support IR, since it is not supported by default. See, you wrote in the beginning.

we both use the same HAT (from MSL Digital). I use on the Harmony the device "Microsoft Windows Media Center" for LibreElec. Worked immediatly for me. I only had to learn PowerON/Off on the HAT, nothing more.

• got you. I'm having exactly the same set-up as you. As mentioned the remote works perfectly. The only thing what I'd like to adopt is that when pressing the arrow button up or down in Live TV mode that the TV channel shouldn't change but bring up the OSD and within the OSD you can move with up and down through the TV channels seeing whats on air on the different channels and just by pressing the button OK you switch to the selected channel.

As mentioned in the beginning this is the behaviour of two (out of three) Kodis. This is what I'd like to get on the Kodi with the Harmony.