Libre elec / kodi crash/ safe mode

• Look i know it has probably been asked a thousand times but my Libre elec os has failed today and is now useless as i cant get anything installed if it needs to restart. It keeps going back to safe mode. I have no idea of how to rectify or what caused it. I am not a brain surgeon or a tech wizard , i have tried some suggestions from Kodi people but still wont work properly. Is there anyone hear who can do a walk through in lamens terms please as im about to throw it in the bin. Please help asap.

• Look i know it has probably been asked a thousand times but my Libre elec os has failed today and is now useless as i cant get anything installed if it needs to restart. It keeps going back to safe mode. I have no idea of how to rectify or what caused it. I am not a brain surgeon or a tech wizard , i have tried some suggestions from Kodi people but still wont work properly. Is there anyone hear who can do a walk through in lamens terms please as im about to throw it in the bin. Please help asap.

Although your best bet is post a log and try to get some help regarding your crash and what's causing it..a temporary workaround would be to create a file and name it

Code
    safemode.disable

place it in:

Code
    /storage/.config

That will disable safe mode..

• Official Post

I'd guess that you've install a bad/broken add-no and this is causing Kodi to crash repeatedly which triggers safe mode. Debug logs will show what the problem is, but if you've been installing pirate crapwhere (which is a frequent cause of such issues) please save yourself the effort as we'll auto-refuse support. NB: Disabling safe mode will probably give you a system that you can't get into due to crashes/restarts .. so not the best advise.