Problem with visibility of free disk space

• I have a problem with disk space, displaying exactly. In Transmission, Rtorrent, and after SAMBA, it shows 0 (zero) free space. In Gparted and the Kodi file manager, it shows that there is some GB of free space available. I copied the contents of the disk and after that I formatted the disk and put the content back in and to no avail, I also did a clean LIBREELEC ( GENERIC version ) installation and the same problem. After the df -h command it shows that it is 100% taken, but you can see that there is 200 GB of free disk space, e.g. VIDEO 6

Edited once, last by witek666: add Version GENERIC (February 28, 2021 at 8:55 AM).

• @witetek666

have the disks ever been in an RAID ?

if so:

I remember an simular bug years ago under Fedora.

the fix was to overwrite (not formatting only) the whole disk(s) with pattern/zero's (after an backup) to get rid of an RAID-signatur somewhere on the disk.

P.S.

Houston, why is "shr<put the 5th letter from abc here>d" a censored word ???

Edited once, last by GDPR-7: typo's (March 25, 2021 at 10:19 PM).

• Please share the URL from "journalctl | paste" and "mount | paste" about 20-30 seconds after boot so we can see how the drives are being mounted and if the kerrnel logs any error messages. Ignore lrusak message - it was late when he replied and his eyeballs didn't make it past the /dev/loop0 device to where the real issue is :)

http://ix.io/2Ulu

http://ix.io/2Ulv

That was it?? chewitt

They were never in RAID, none of the 7 drives. It only happened when I used too many files and when I was already deleting a lot of files since then that is, but I have formatted each disk and it still is.

Edited once, last by witek666: Merged a post created by witek666 into this post. (March 28, 2021 at 9:08 AM).

• I'd guess the drives are EXT4 formatted? EXT2/3/4 reserve 5% space for root to ensure (when the disk is a system drive) that core processes have available space to operate. So the drives showing 0% available have < 5% free. You can use tune2fs to reduce the percentage that's reserved. This can have a negative impact on fragmentation, but with media drives that contain large (should be contiguous) files this is probably a lesser concern than for system drives. You can run e.g. "tune2fs -m 1 /dev/sde1" to set the percentage at 1%.