Squeezelite: Where do I find the multi media addon

• I have just spent 45 minutes trying to find the multimedia add-on for libreelec, which I understand contains the squeezelite plugin.

This is on a Pi3 with LE 9.2.6 and Kodi 18.9.

Can someone point me to a patronisingly simple step by step guide?

• The only mention of squeezelite that I can find is in the LE repo: Program Add-ons > Multimedia Tools. What you do with that .. I have no idea.

Even with my newly flashed LibreELEC Pi3+, in KODI / Add-ons / Program add-ons I saw only

LibreELEC Configuration

LibreELEC Module Drivers

So I went to

KODI / Add-ons / Download / Install from repository / LibreELEC Add-ons / Program add-ons

and chose to install

Multimedia Tools

which currently includes alsamixer, mediainfo, mesa-deoms, mpg123, opencaster, squeezelite, tsdecrypt and tstools.

The installation failed a few times in a strange way (The button "Install" had a trash can icon under it). I removed it and then it installed.

Now Multimedia (9.2.0.109) tools was installed, but I still could not find squeezelite in kodi. As it happens, changes for this version are

- Update squeezelite to b2ed99e and support all possible media formats

Via an ssh session I found this:

KodiPi:~ # find /storage/ | grep squee

/storage/.kodi/addons/virtual.multimedia-tools/bin/squeezelite

KodiPi:~ # ls -l /storage/.kodi/addons/virtual.multimedia-tools/bin/squeezelite

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 848320 Feb 27 17:19 /storage/.kodi/addons/virtual.multimedia-tools/bin/squeezelite

So I rebooted. And still I can't find squeezelite. I tried this:

KodiPi:~ # /storage/.kodi/addons/virtual.multimedia-tools/bin/squeezelite

[17:56:29.238166] test_open:281 playback open error: No such file or directory

[17:56:29.238601] output_init_common:384 unable to open output device: default

What am I doing wrong?

Latest log is at http://ix.io/2R6b

• I am trawling through that massive thread at the moment.

Meanwhile I found this, which might mean I have to connect my external DAC in order for squeezelite to start.

So I connected the DAC and this is what I got

Edited once, last by BeastOfBodmin (February 27, 2021 at 7:16 PM).

• For LbreELEC, you only need to install Multimedia Tools addon which already includes Squeezelite.

To run Squeezelite, in SSH console, type "squeezelite", no " ".