A good and fully supported USB Wi-Fi adapter?

• Could anyone share ideas about a good (stable with acceptable speed) USB Wi-Fi adapter for LE use.

I'm adding a LE player in a location where Ethernet is not an option.

Distance to nearest AP approx 10m (30ft).

HW: X86 Mini PC, fully working with LE using Ethernet.

<EDIT>

Main purpose of LE device is to stream (movies, max 1080p) media from NAS connected to (Ethernet) LAN.

</EDIT>

Edited once, last by Jocke.Sve (February 10, 2021 at 9:50 AM).

• Well, apparently either this was an uninteresting or much too hard question... :dodgy:

So to simplify it a bit:

How and where can I as a normal (and non Linux) user know what USB Wi-Fi adapters are supported by LE??

As there is (AFAIK) no way of using vendor drives without building/compiling/.../... I think this is quite valid question.

• Could anyone share ideas about a good (stable with acceptable speed) USB Wi-Fi adapter for LE use.

I'm adding a LE player in a location where Ethernet is not an option.

My $0.02 is to invest in an Ethernet/Wireless bridge device. I use them with whatever test device I happen to be looking at .. to avoid the hassles of configuring WiFi connections. As "router" devices they have a larger antenna built-in which contributes to more stable connections (although stable is not a word I ever associate with WiFi) and since they present Ethernet to the test device there are zero driver issues. I used to collect/use old Apple a1rport devices as they are simple and cheap, but these days they're getting a bit old.

• My $0.02 is to invest in an Ethernet/Wireless bridge device. I use them with whatever test device I happen to be looking at .. to avoid the hassles of configuring WiFi connections. As "router" devices they have a larger antenna built-in which contributes to more stable connections (although stable is not a word I ever associate with WiFi) and since they present Ethernet to the test device there are zero driver issues. I used to collect/use old Apple a1rport devices as they are simple and cheap, but these days they're getting a bit old.

TY, that might be a (at least temporary) solution!

I have an unused "Comfast CF-WR754AC" lying around... Specs says it's a 1200Mbps (-ish) unit so should be suitable here.

It's a three mode Repeater/Access Point/Router so in AP mode it should/could do the trick!

Again, TY!!