EPG issues with LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.80-nightly-20210208-df1905c build

• Hello,

I upgraded from Milhouse to the nightly builds. With Milhouse I also had some issues with EPG (or better when there were no EPG), but with the nightly I run now, the problem is bigger.

First of all, I use a MariaDB backend for my three LibreELEC Boxes and also EPG is stored there. As PVR addon and backend I use Tvheadend.

Normally EPG should be downloaded and stored in the database. This does not happen. I cleaned the database when I stumbled upon the problems and now I only see records in the table epg (looks like one record per channel), but the tables epgtags and lastepgscan are empty.

When I check the kodi.log I see the following every few seconds:

Code
    2021-02-09 14:01:16.929 T:1100    ERROR <general>: SQL: [Epg13] Successful result
    Query: SELECT * FROM epgtags WHERE idEpg = 193 AND iStartTime >= 1612875661 ORDER BY iStartTime ASC LIMIT 1;

2021-02-09 14:01:16.970 T:1100    ERROR <general>: CommitInsertQueries - failed to execute queries

When I browse through the channels in Kodi I see what's currently on. Maybe the PVR addon does not need the database for that.

When I try to open the Program Guide in Kodi it crashes and restarts. And I see the following in the log:

Code
    2021-02-09 14:09:33.098 T:888      INFO <general>: Loading skin file: MyPVRGuide.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
    2021-02-09 14:09:33.301 T:888     ERROR <general>: GetItem: EPG tag (0, 1) not found!
    2021-02-09 14:09:33.301 T:888     ERROR <general>: GetGridItemPtr: Got no EPG tag (0, 1)!

With the old Milhouse build from mid 2020 the Program Guide started and Kodi only crashed when I browsed down to a channel where no EPG data was available. At least that is what I think was the cause.

Btw, the same happens with an older nightly build from January (LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.80-nightly-20210125-5a27620).

Regards,

Roi

• From MySQL/Advanced notes - Official Kodi Wiki

Kodi also supports using MySQL for PVR (tvdatabase and epgdatabase) as well as the ADSP database. However, there is little to no practical benefit to using MySQL for those databases, and there has been very little testing with them (expect bugs!). Unless you simply want to experiment, or have a very specific need, you should avoid using MySQL for PVR and ADSP.

• mglae so you suggest turning TV and EPG off and only leaving Music and Video on? I have three boxes and love that sharing of last seen/listened content.

mglae I just did that. Only for the EPG database (so that I am still able to see the last seen channels on the other Kodi boxes. The errors in log are gone and I can use the Program Guide. :) Thank you for the hint.

Edited once, last by Roi: Merged a post created by Roi into this post. (February 9, 2021 at 4:26 PM).