Legacy v9.2 (LTS) builds for Amlogic S805/S8X2, S905/S912 and all WeTek boxes

• Hi guys, I was wondering if HDR10 and Dolby vision is supported and past on to the TV with these builds?

HDR10 is also supported on my GXL/GXM images (h265 only!), but Dolby Vision is a licensed stuff, so it is not supported by Kodi even under the latest version.

I just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work keeping these old devices working. I've spent the past couple of days reading through these posts and trying several different .img until I realized my Matricom Q box (S802) seems to be happy with the K200-AP6330_2G.arm. version 9.2.8.10

Is this currently the newest version that will work with my box or is it possible to get LE 11 working ? I had attempted to get Chewitt's testing LibreELEC-AMLMX.arm-10.88.0-box.img version working with out any luck.

Sorry, but I cannot test mainline-based versions in current state, because I don't have an S802 box, and my S812 boxes can only boot with 1 core (M8S+, WeTek Core), so unfortunately none of them could start the AMLMX image by chewitt .

I just installed LibreElec 9.2.8.10 on my device Mecool KIII Pro (S912), but I have probelm with my orginal wifi on device and use external usb wifi (rtl8821CU), which one is not working with LibreElec 9.2.8.10.

Can you help me how to add this driver in LibreElec, if it is possible?

I will try to add the missing Realtek wifi driver, but I ask for a little patience until the beginning of September.

• Hi everyone,

Is it possible to use an animated boot splash like the boot on CoreELEC 20.2

I want to use it on version 9.2.8

Sorry, but I don't see much sense in this kind of visual development under a legacy LTS release.

If someone sends it in PR, I'll check it, but if you don't mind, I won't waste my time on it myself.

• Hi,

External USB Wifi (RTL8821CU) is recognized and working well now. I dont use factory remote controler to try your config file.

Thanks.

• Here is the zip that can be used by the Android recovery, but the warranty is ABSOLUTELY 0%:

I removed the link because I didn't get any feedback about its functionality.

What's certain is that your original Android will be overwritten, which you can only restore if you have the original image, so use this at your own risk!

Hi dtech,

I know it is a long time ago to respond to your message but I just want to say thank you very much. Last week, I used your package (before you removed the link, I downloaded it but I have not installed it at that time) to update firmware for my device by "apply update from EXT" after booting the device in recovery mode. The update operation is quick and smooth without any error. It is also working well until now. I think you can re-upload that package so people have another way to update their firmware.

• hiep.ton

Thank you for the feedback. Before I publish it again (but now with the current version), I will modify the updater script so that it doesn't save the remote configuration from Android at all, because it sometimes causes conflicts.

• Hi, first of all thank you very much for your amazing work, how you brought my old little mxq box back to life is charming. Although I'm having issues while trying to build an image from the source you provided, I dont know if here is the right place to ask for help but compilation is failing only 5 steps before completion would it be okay if I share the log with you? or where can I ask for help? by the way im trying to compile it using WSL2 with ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS and I'm trying with the code from the tag 9.2.8.10-S8XX, the command I'm running with make is make image PROJECT=S805 DEVICE=HD18Q ARCH=arm.

Thanks in advance

cheers!

• Hi, first of all thank you very much for your amazing work, how you brought my old little mxq box back to life is charming. Although I'm having issues while trying to build an image from the source you provided, I dont know if here is the right place to ask for help but compilation is failing only 5 steps before completion would it be okay if I share the log with you? or where can I ask for help? by the way im trying to compile it using WSL2 with ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS and I'm trying with the code from the tag 9.2.8.10-S8XX, the command I'm running with make is make image PROJECT=S805 DEVICE=HD18Q ARCH=arm.

Thanks in advance

cheers!

It is not recommended to post logs on the forum. For this purpose, it might be better if you open a ticket on GitHub under my repo, and we can discuss the details there.

• Hi,

The external usb wifi works well on device Mecool KIII Pro (S912) with upgraded LE 9.2.8.10, but there is the problem with play HEVC video content (stuttering, audio out of sync).

I have installed CE 9.2.8 on device and HEVC video play without issue on this system.

I made backup of CE 9.2.8 system and restore it on LE 9.2.8.10, but problem with HEVC video still existing.

Thanks

• there is the problem with play HEVC video content (stuttering, audio out of sync)

I will need a little more information than this, because the format of the file is only one thing, besides that, there are quite a few other parameters of that media file.

A log would be good (pastekodi), and a part of the file that was played incorrectly would be also helpful if you could upload it somewhere.

I have installed CE 9.2.8 on device and HEVC video play without issue on this system.

I made backup of CE 9.2.8 system and restore it on LE 9.2.8.10, but problem with HEVC video still existing.

Please, do not restore a CE backup on LE, because although the two systems are similar, there are quite a few differences between them.

It's even worse if you try to use pre-compiled CE binary addons under LE, even just a simple pvr addon. This two systems are not (fully) compatible with each other, so please don't do that!

I can only help if the answer to this question is "Yes":

Does the above issue persist under a "clean" LE 9.2.8.10 installation?

• zuka1977

LibreELEC-AML v9.2.8.11 has reached the release phase, but I don't want to release it until we find out the error you mentioned, but I don't want to wait forever either. Please present something tangible as I asked earlier in post #857, because without it I cannot investigate anything, but it will delay the release of the next version. Thanks.

• zuka1977

LibreELEC-AML v9.2.8.11 osiągnął fazę wydawania, ale nie chcę go wypuszczać, dopóki nie odkryjemy błędu, o którym wspomniałeś, ale nie chcę też czekać w nieskończoność. Proszę o przedstawienie czegoś namacalnego o co prosiłem wcześniej w poście #857 , bo bez tego nie mogę niczego zbadać, ale opóźni to wydanie kolejnej wersji. Dzięki.

zuka1977 I also have this box and hdr hevc playback works perfectly

• dtech I also have this box and hdr hevc playback works perfectly

Hi,

Sorry for delay on check.

I just installed fresh LE with only Tvhedend installed. It work with dvb-s2 channel well, but I am not able to check dvb-t2 (HEVC) channels due to fact I need extra power 5v for my terrestrial antena and I cant find this option inside of this installed tvheadend (inside CE it seems this antenna power is always on).

• I just installed fresh LE with only Tvhedend installed. It work with dvb-s2 channel well, but I am not able to check dvb-t2 (HEVC) channels due to fact I need extra power 5v for my terrestrial antena and I cant find this option inside of this installed tvheadend (inside CE it seems this antenna power is always on).

As far as I know, the KIII Pro contains the exact the same tuner as the KI Pro and KII Pro boxes. In my case, 5V is constantly present on the DVB-T/C coaxial inputs, it can also be measured with a multimeter. I also use an RF amplifier on my yagi antenna which supplied directly from the coax.

However, I suspect a driver problem, so please try the dvb-latest or crazycat_aml packages, these contain impoved dvb drivers.

Add-ons -> Program add-ons -> LibreELEC Module Drivers

• As far as I know, the KIII Pro contains the exact the same tuner as the KI Pro and KII Pro boxes. In my case, 5V is constantly present on the DVB-T/C coaxial inputs, it can also be measured with a multimeter. I also use an RF amplifier on my yagi antenna which supplied directly from the coax.

However, I suspect a driver problem, so please try the dvb-latest or crazycat_aml packages, these contain impoved dvb drivers.

Add-ons -> Program add-ons -> LibreELEC Module Drivers

I tried all three drivers inside LE and no power on dvb-t2 coaxial input.

With CE each driver has power on dvb-t2 coaxial input, also when I restore CE backup on LE dvb-t2 coaxial input had power.

In the past I used Alexelex and it has in system configuration option to switch on/off Tvheadend and Power Antena.