Legacy v9.2 (LTS) builds for Amlogic S805/S8X2, S905/S912 and all WeTek boxes

• Fake RAM size isn't uncommon but it's rare to see 512MB configurations outside of industrial boards, even on older platforms like Meson8. I'd guess you still have the wrong boot ROM for the box and the RAM configuration in early boot code means it's only seeing 1 bank of RAM, and the second (missing) will add another 512MB to give a more normal 1GB.

Then again; this is an era where all kinds of shady manufacturing has been done. If it works and doesn't cause problems; don't fix it :)

• Fake RAM size isn't uncommon but it's rare to see 512MB configurations outside of industrial boards, even on older platforms like Meson8. I'd guess you still have the wrong boot ROM for the box and the RAM configuration in early boot code means it's only seeing 1 bank of RAM, and the second (missing) will add another 512MB to give a more normal 1GB.

Then again; this is an era where all kinds of shady manufacturing has been done. If it works and doesn't cause problems; don't fix it :)

You're right, for the moment I'm getting what I needed. Now LE boosted (resurrected) my old (outdated kitkat) TV box, and I have my VOD subscriptions accessible from one unified place

While I noticed some lagging on configuring processes and installing some add-ons, the thing really gets better when just navigating through menues and library. Also on playback features is doing a good performance. Ssh and samba services working also

About networking, Ethernet and Bluetooth are detected and active. For wireless, it's shown as active on Libreelec Network Settings, but no Access Point listed in Connections section. As you said chewitt , I'll take the good part of all of it. I can get things working now; with or without wireless ;)

I would like to share my first log of a successful LE9 boot and running

http://ix.io/4q21

Looking to it I've noticed 1024MB of RAM are detected on boot. So it could be Kodi is mismatching it when showing 512MB

• I agree with chewitt, the box still doesn't have the actual original bootloader, or the label on the RAM chips is fake. But if it doesn't cause any problems, then I think you should leave it at that. Many boxes work without problems with 1 GB of RAM, under Leia it is not so problematic.

However, there is one important thing: please turn off the automatic update on the LibreELEC Settings interface, because I will release v9.2.8.8 soon, and it will overwrite the modified kernel.

• I'm doing then 🙂

About LibreELEC and Kodi game (alpha) repositories for 9.2.8.7 are still active? I think I was able to connect to them last night, but today they seem unreachable

• I checked and there haven't had any access issues with my server since yesterday, so the LibreELEC repo was working properly.

However, I cannot comment about Kodi game (alpha) repo, because it is not hosted on my server.

• You're right dtech , repo's working. I think I've been touching too much kodi settings, while testing here and there on my device, then something got stucked. Then I've done a hard reset and start from the beginning, so everything got fixed. Also I did move the installation from sd card to devices's NAND; installtointernal did everything done safe and sound.

PS: Emulator addons part are working like a charm for me, also my wireless (usb rf) Snes pad clone's detected and maped in a blink of an eye.

• Does the all black mxq with s805 have bluetooth capablities? If so, how easy is it co connect a bt headset to it?

We found out earlier that there is a USB-based RTL8188ETV in your S805 MXQ box, which is just an 802.11n wifi chip without Bluetooth support. So, unfortunately, the answer is that there is no Bluetooth support in your box.

• wetek hub: can i add to internal storage and do update later?

This image can be installed on the eMMC in the legacy way:

WeTek NAND Installation Guide: Download the NAND installation zip file, extract it, and copy the contents of the file to the root folder of an FAT32-formatted SD card. Disconnect the power cord from the WeTek device, insert the prepared SD card, and plug in the power jack while pressing the reset button through the toothpick-sized hole in the bottom panel. You need to hold the button about 8-10 seconds until the LibreELEC installation begins.

However, keep in mind that you will not be able to directly update from 9.x images to 11.x or later.

• Hello to everyone. I have install the new update of LibreELEC 9.2.8.8 to my mxiii-g s812 tv box. Lately I notice that many adds updates can't installed. A message says that "The dependency on xbmc.python version 3.0.0 could not be satisfied". Does anyone can help ?

• Hello to everyone. I have install the new update of LibreELEC 9.2.8.8 to my mxiii-g s812 tv box. Lately I notice that many adds updates can't installed. A message says that "The dependency on xbmc.python version 3.0.0 could not be satisfied". Does anyone can help ?

This is completely independent of the last update. If an add-on requires Python3, Leia is probably no longer supported by it.

• working, btw does power savings shutdown/susped working on amlogic?

It depends on the factory uboot bootloader, which one is supported. Under Core, only shutdown is supported, suspend does not work, so it has been disabled.

• After last update an week before, I have a problem - Faled load Kernel modules during start. Video and audio are playing with very long lag, impossible to watch. Device is M8mini with s905 1gb ram

• After last update an week before, I have a problem - Faled load Kernel modules during start. Video and audio are playing with very long lag, impossible to watch. Device is M8mini with s905 1gb ram

Please send a link from dmesg | paste. Unfortunately, I can't help without a log.

Also important information is which version you updated from and which dtb you are using.