Legacy v9.2 (LTS) builds for Amlogic S805/S8X2, S905/S912 and all WeTek boxes

• Hello everybody. I managed to make the SNES and Atari 2600 emulator work here.

Is the 1GB S805 capable of emulating PlayStation classic 2D games? For example International Superstar Soccer Deluxe (from 1995)?

It's the only PS1 game I want to run.

Basically it's the same game just SNES with an improved narration and some polishing in the options.

Thank you all.

• Great job, tried few images on S805 and S905L everything is perfect, many thanks to Dtech.

One of my TV boxes is with Amlogic Meson8b (S805) SoC and the image LibreELEC-HD18Q.arm-9.2.8.7.img working geat in eMMC, but there is no Docker and no way to install it. As i need Docker most than anything else, how this can be done?

• Another detail. The option to open the game with PS emulators does not appear. Both are already installed. I know that I must also provide the BIOS. That if it works.

Unfortunately, game stuff is outside of my area of interest, so I didn't delve into it at all. Originally, my repo didn't include it, but since several people requested it, the binaries that contaided in LE 9.2 were included.

Unfortunately, all I can still say is that if anyone encounters any bugs and has a solution, I'd be happy to PR them on GitHub.

Great job, tried few images on S805 and S905L everything is perfect, many thanks to Dtech.

One of my TV boxes is with Amlogic Meson8b (S805) SoC and the image LibreELEC-HD18Q.arm-9.2.8.7.img working geat in eMMC, but there is no Docker and no way to install it. As i need Docker most than anything else, how this can be done?

Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do to make it work. Under the 3.10 kernel, Docker simply cannot work.

Quote from the "IMPORTANT NOTES - Please read them carefully before asking" section of the #1 post:

• Docker only works under 64-bit SoCs (S905/S905X/S905D), it is not available on 32-bit systems (S802/S805/S812)!
  • Unfortunately, game stuff is outside of my area of interest, so I didn't delve into it at all. Originally, my repo didn't include it, but since several people requested it, the binaries that contaided in LE 9.2 were included.

Unfortunately, all I can still say is that if anyone encounters any bugs and has a solution, I'd be happy to PR them on GitHub.

Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do to make it work. Under the 3.10 kernel, Docker simply cannot work.

Quote from the "IMPORTANT NOTES - Please read them carefully before asking" section of the #1 post:

I see. Thanks for helping us rescue these S805s.

Anyway I installed the emulator on Android 4.4.1 on the S805 and it opened the game. However, I was unable to put the joystick to work to complete the tests.

Apparently the S805 seems to have enough power.

I'll try again later.

• International SuperStar Soccer Deluxe for PS ran on the s805 inside Android KitKat. 😁

Some stuttering due to external HD. I copied it to the SD and it was fine. Practically 100%. The occasional minor issues were in the animations (goals, free kicks, laterals). Nothing that interferes with the gameplay itself.

I will also try Street Fighter 3 Alpha. Another classic 2D PlayStation game (1). I think this one looks heavier🤔.

Knowing this, now I'm excited to try to solve the emulator issue within Libreelec😁.

Then I will configure the Torrent. I noticed that in Libreelec the network speed (Wi-Fi and ethernet) is much higher than in KitKat (limited to 10 Mbps even on cable 😕).

• Hi

I have a relative old version of LibreElec 8.0.1j with Kodi 17.2 RC1 on Minix Neo U1. Working well for many years, but nowadays some Hevc coded videos freeze or unplayable. Time to update the better stable version.

Can I run from sd-card the Legacy version of this?

• Hi all,

Is't wifi WPA3 supported?

I'm not able connect to wifi with wpa3 from my minix X8H-Plus.

The box is older than the WPA3 protocol itself. Do you think its wifi chip supports it?

Please don't be so naive, handling encryption requires hardware support physically integrated into the wireless chip.

As far as I know, time travel hasn't been invented yet... :/

• Hi dtech , I took your example to test some combination dtb+kernel for my tv box. Without success

It seems that mmcblk0 device (sd card slot) on my tv box is booting in read only mode. So no way to make a LE successful first boot.

I'm playing with your S802/S812 images on http://libreelec.dtech.hu/images/3rdParty/

I burned MXIII-1G (S802) image on different SDCard capacity 4/8/16GB with exactly the same boot loop (read only) issue. As in your method, I'm testing different DTB/Kernel combinations but no much familiar with it and which variants or modifications I can try

PCB: Number M8 V8_1 20150418

Internal storage: 8GB

RAM: 1GB real amount (on Android was tricked to 2GB)

External Branding: Billow MD05TV (from Spain)

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1054603/Billow-Md05tv.html - not much data about device architecture on these manuals, only for external aparence references

Wifi: BCM4335 (running on Stock Android Kitkat)

Certainly I'm not interested on making wireless to run (ethernet card will do it nice for me). Only installing and running LE9 from the Sdcard would me fantastic for me

Not sure if any specific driver or firmware preloaded on kernel boot that loads mmcblk0 features would be necessary. For a full access to writing operations on SDCard slot

Some dmesg messages from the debug console on LE install attends:

Img 1 and 2 "read only" messages

On third image I checked that write mode is enabled for both USB ports, but I couldn't boot any LE image from them (only boots from sdcard)

I tested too an Armbian image, based on Debian Stretch xfce on kernel 3.10.108. It managed to mount sdcard on writable mode, successful booted, and ran into desktop environment

Linux
    Посмотреть и скачать с Яндекс.Диска
    disk.yandex.ru

More details of Armbian booting to this link http://ix.io/4pbS/

One more observation is that LE9 it only booted, entried on LE logo mode, from the 1GB image (MXIII-1GB). The others, black screen directly

--UPDATE: From Armbian it booted from MXIII-Plus (2GB) dtb, defined by default on uEnv.ini file. I didn't change anything from the default selections. Although it detected the real 1GB of RAM

This is all info I tried to compile from a few test and error days

Thank you

[mod] If you include several photos or screenshots in your post, please use thumbnails instead of the full size images. Thanks. ( dtech)[/mod]

Edited once, last by shut3n (March 4, 2023 at 1:59 AM).

• shut3n

The root of the problem doesn't start here, as I see. I think your box does not have the original ROM with the factory bootloader, because based on the photos, there are 4 pieces of 512MB Samsung K4B4G0846C chips on the PCB.

So, in short...

Your box is equipped with 2GB of RAM, but it seems that the factory ROM has been overwritten. You should first find the factory ROM for his box from somewhere and flash it. If you're done with that, you should try the Universal k200 image. (But this wifi chip really won't work.)

• shut3n

The root of the problem doesn't start here, as I see. I think your box does not have the original ROM with the factory bootloader, because based on the photos, there are 4 pieces of 512MB Samsung K4B4G0846C chips on the PCB.

Very well, then restarting from zero. The good new.. it's a 2GB RAM device👌😉

So, in short...

Your box is equipped with 2GB of RAM, but it seems that the factory ROM has been overwritten. You should first find the factory ROM for his box from somewhere and flash it.

Done, now it has the factory stock firmware installed, 2GB of RAM detected

If you're done with that, you should try the Universal k200 image. (But this wifi chip really won't work.)

Done too (with k200 image), but doesn't boot LE (stucked on billow logo)

Tried also for n200, mxiii-plus, x8's and m8s plus images, but nothing

Only managed to boot from MXIII-1GB image, but then the "read only" known issue

• If it starts with this, your Android is unfortunately only lying that you have 2GB of RAM, but in fact it only manages 1GB.

^ Android hacked to fake RAM size is not uncommon. We even see "Amlogic" boxes with Rockhip boards inside =O

• Please try the n200 image with this kernel:

http://libreelec.dtech.hu/_TEST_/MXIII-G_1GB-kernel/

If it starts with this, your Android is unfortunately only lying that you have 2GB of RAM, but in fact it only manages 1GB.

It worked!

Just finished installation/configuration process. Now I need a time to check how things are doing

The first thing I've noticed the 4 CPU cores are detected and running correctly

RAM amount is now cut to 512MB total. Don't now if it can be a problem for video playing/decoding performance, I must do some testing

Thank you so much, I really appreciate your work