Legacy v9.2 (LTS) builds for Amlogic S805/S8X2, S905/S912 and all WeTek boxes

• I jsut tried your s905 generic image on my mxqpro4k. It does not boot with any of the 3 relevant dtb files (gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb, gxbb_p200_1G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb and gxbb_p200_1G_mxq_pro_4k.dtb).

• Unable to install XBMC.phyton 3.06 dependency (I think).

Python3 is only available from Kodi v19 (Matrix), only Python2 is available under Leia.

Please look for Leia (v18) compatible addons, because only those will run.

I jsut tried your s905 generic image on my mxqpro4k. It does not boot with any of the 3 relevant dtb files (gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb, gxbb_p200_1G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb and gxbb_p200_1G_mxq_pro_4k.dtb).

Did you use the toothpick method again? I saw that you tried an LE11 image before, but the new (mainline) and the old (3.14) aml_autoscript are not compatible with each other.

• There is no toothpick method for this tvbox because it has no reset button inside there. As I have explained in the other thread, the only way to make it boot from sd is to run "reboot update". But that needs terminal/ssh access.

Anyway, once I am done with le 11, I will try your image again. Thank you for the info.

• Before that, coreelec 9.2.x was installed. I got the 2 tvboxes (mxq "all black" and mxqpro4k) the same day, but because you only provide images for the one with s805, I could not leave the other one with android and ce was the only option I had.

• Before that, coreelec 9.2.x was installed. I got the 2 tvboxes (mxq "all black" and mxqpro4k) the same day, but because you only provide images for the one with s805, I could not leave the other one with android and ce was the only option I had.

Could it be that you have an S905X SoC in your box? Which dtb did you use under CE?

cat /proc/device-tree/amlogic-dt-id

• Straight from the other thread, this was the last command I ran on ce. And no, it is definitely s905. Anyway, no reason to worry about it now. Pm me if you need more info, no need to mess the thread with irrelevant stuff.

Code
    # cat /proc/device-tree/amlogic-dt-id
    gxb_p200_1g
  • I managed to install the SNES emulator. Opened the games. But it's muted 😬.

So I installed a videos add-on. You notice that the entire system is muted 😞.

Any solution? It's an MXQ box, M201c board.

I thank everyone. Including Google Translate πŸ˜‚.

• I managed to solve the audio problem. It was my mistake connecting the cables.

Accidentally, I discovered that I can put the system even one SD and a second stake in an external HD (keeping the name and format ext4).

A survey: put backup and format a second partition in FAT32 or extFAT?

• Accidentally, I discovered that I can put the system even one SD and a second stake in an external HD (keeping the name and format ext4).

A survey: put backup and format a second partition in FAT32 or extFAT?

It is not really clear to me what and why you want to format. Do not do anything with the data medium on which LibreELEC is installed, because its partition layout is fixed. If you modify a partition on it, LibreELEC will no longer boot properly. However, with other media you actually do what you want.

• Thanks again for your attention, dtech and many forum friends.

I intend to use Libreelec for retro games and torrent downloading.

It would be important to me that Windows and my Samsung TV could read the external HD (where I moved Libreelec's STORAGE share).

I tested it yesterday and read the STORAGE on the HD with FAT32. The problem is FAT32 is limited to 4GB filesπŸ˜•.

I tested and saw that extFAT does not work 😞. NTFS doesn't even hold out hope for an older kernel.

• I tested and saw that extFAT does not work 😞. NTFS doesn't even hold out hope for an older kernel.

Well, the fact is that both file systems supported: exFAT and NTFS. Most likely, your box is not able to supply enough current for the HDD, so it won't start at all. But since the factory DC adapter of these boxes is usually 5V/2A, there is nothing strange about this.

• As incredible as it may seem, she succeeds. And it's one of those very generic box 😬. And it's working with the HD in FAT32. But in extFAT it doesn't work 😞.

I'll try NTFS later. πŸ‘

I have another Acemax s912 box that can't power an external HD. Only with additional power.πŸ˜•

• If you move /storage to exFAT or NTFS volumes the SSH service will fail to start because the SSH daemon will check keys in /storage/.ssh are secured with correct permissions before it runs; and neither of those filesystems support unix permissions causing the check to fail.

• If you move /storage to exFAT or NTFS volumes the SSH service will fail to start because the SSH daemon will check keys in /storage/.ssh are secured with correct permissions before it runs; and neither of those filesystems support unix permissions causing the check to fail.

I understood. Thanks for the tip.

But will SAMBA work? With FAT32 (very archaic system) SSH will not be available either?