RPi4B 2G Matrix Nightly Testbuild dropped frames.

• I have been updating with the Nightly Test builds (currently LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.80-nightly-20210205-3420901) and notice gradual improvements, such as fixed screen wrapping. I appreciate the effort devs are putting in the get the Pi4 working properly.

So that being said, there is one issue that has been present since 4K was enabled several weeks ago. When the resolution is set to the default 4K 3840 x 1920 @30Hz screen blanking occurs. I thought this was on 4K videos only but the screen blanks occasionally on any resolution video playing and also while playing music files ie MP3s. I am using an effects plugin while playing music. When I set the resolution back to 1920x1080P @60Hz no blanking occurs. I'm OK staying with 1080p but it would be nice to have 4K working.

• I accidentally found the menu you were referring to. Selecting the "gear" settings icon showed Interlacing was disabled. I set this as default with 4K resolution 30Hz. It locked up on resume so did a power off. I somehow found the control panel again and saved successfully. I'll report back when I have opportunity to do some testing.

I set to Interleave off, set the 4K resolution at 30Hz. Played a blueray converted to 4K x265 6 channel audio. Result...blank screen every 30s or so.

I'll keep an eye on the thread .

Edited once, last by chook55: more info (February 6, 2021 at 10:34 PM).

• The gear wheel menu has a bug at current LE nightly, so it freezes after a few seconds on my RPi3B+. I made a team internal bug report. I think we have to wait.

OK all done there. Interlacing is off. Redefining the problem: When display is set to 1920x1080P @60HZ all works well. When 4K profile is set I get 1-2 seconds of black or blank screen every 30-40s regardless of the media being viewed.

I need to check the video time counter to see if it is blanking or stopping. I might need to take a video of the timer to determine that. I've looked through the logs and cant see anything that would indicate a problem. I'm no expert in this area. I'd need direction which log to look at. In the mean time I'll switch back to 1080P.

• Playback on 4K 30Hz profile is much improved using LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.80-nightly-20210208-df1905c. I have not been able to replicate screen blanking except when exiting a video to the console. Great work Devs. Much appreciated.

In case anyone is interested the System hardware temperature sits at 43°C at idle. It has an Argon1 case with no fan operating. (Anyone got Python3 scripts to make this run? I have the on off buttons working though). While playing a 4K video this goes up to 48°C with room temperature 23°C. Incidentally there were 2 very short screen blanks of less than 1s noticed during this period. Perhaps of 0.3s duration while I had the system hardware info overlay displaying. CPUs were peaking at 15% but not all at once. 30% of 2GB memory was being used. Total Memory: 1864MB, Free Memory: 1303MB.

OK Update re 720P file playback on a 4K profile. The display STOPS for less than a second several times a minute when playing. When set to HD ie 1920 x 1080P there are no problems. This is a BUG.

Edited 2 times, last by chook55: info re playback. (February 9, 2021 at 11:00 AM).

• Ah yes, but will it run on an RPi4 with LibreElec 9.8 which uses Python 3. The Original Argon One script loaded a Python 2 module which still allows the on off button to work but no fan.

Seems it will check what version you are using.

I'll remove what I have and try . cheers

Edited once, last by chook55: info (February 9, 2021 at 11:05 AM).