Dual screen support

• So from what i have read there is no dual monitor support for LibreELEC? I have mine installed on my laptop connected to my 50in tv but its not displaying right. How am i supposed to change the display size on the external tv? I have to ssh? can you make it any harder? should i get a phd in computer programming to figure this out?

so you guys created an OS for Kodi that is primarily used to view movies and tv shows but you didn't think to have it detect automatically external tvs connected by HDMI? I'm going back to a slim down linux and just install Kodi on that. It's just not worth the frustration to ssh from another computer. I was uisng Zorin OS before this with Kodi and takes two seconds to adjust the screen and Zorin OS supports 1920x1080. What a waste of my time to install LibreELEC. OpenELEC worked so much better. LibreELEC in my opinion leaves a lot to be desired.

• So from what i have read there is no dual monitor support for LibreELEC?

No. There is no dual monitor support for Kodi, other than "Clone" support where all displays are using the same resolution and refresh rate with the same video screen content. This goes for Windows as well as any Linux flavor.

On generic PC's, you can have multiple monitors display Kodi, but again, in clone mode only. The RPi-4B does have a dual monitor output (RPi OS supports it), but because of the current rendering solution used by Kodi (GBM vs x11) on the RPi, there is no dual monitor option possible.

can you make it any harder? should i get a phd in computer programming to figure this out?

Sure, that's doable. I'm sure the PhD will also benefit you in one way or another. LibreELEC never set out to be a full OS replacement. Kodi runs on so much different hardware, it cannot account for every little detail. So, some personal handywork from its user may be required to fit personal wishes. It represents the hands-on approach for the user, rather than a holding-hands tactic by Kodi.

You could perhaps try to remap a key on your remote to ultimately have the system run scripts that change whatever screen setting you need.

I was uisng Zorin OS before this with Kodi and takes two seconds to adjust the screen and Zorin OS supports 1920x1080. What a waste of my time to install LibreELEC. OpenELEC worked so much better.

Zorin is an Ubuntu-based Linux distribution. The Kodi basics also apply with that OS. If you can change the output on a 2nd monitor or TV via xrandr or other tools that work for you, knock yourself out. But OpenELEC was no different from LibreELEC in that regard. Kodi (or XBMC) never supported multi-monitor setups with individual screen content or refresh rates.

LibreELEC in my opinion leaves a lot to be desired.

We can't please everyone. On the other hand, we have already pleased many thousands of other people.

• I have mine installed on my laptop connected to my 50in tv but its not displaying right .. so you guys created an OS for Kodi that is primarily used to view movies and tv shows but you didn't think to have it detect automatically external tvs connected by HDMI?

LE is focussed on HTPC devices with a single active video output so there is no need for all the overhead of multi-screen management or auto-detect as you'd find (and need) in a Desktop oriented distro. Laptops can run LE but they are not and never have been (even in OE days) a target device for support. If another distro works better for you than LE, use it, whatever works for you works for us.

• AFAIK no - Kodi in LE does not support that feature.

You can just select the audio output between HDMI devices but only one audio output can be active in LE 10 / 11.