Unable to output analog audio out of Raspberry Pi 4 !

• I have installed the latest LibreElec v9.2.6 (whatever Raspberry Pi Imager software recommends me).

Setting audio to Bluetooth works, but via analog out it doesn't ! My HDMI PC display lacks audio, so I cannot test HDMI audio output.

What is the main difference between LibreElec vs. installing Kodi directly on Raspbian ? (I'm using desktop PC HDMI monitor + mouse + keyboard + analog audio; no TV and no TV control)

Edited once, last by Technologov (January 30, 2021 at 6:37 AM).

• Check the /flash/config.txt file and make sure it contains this line, which enables the analogue jack :

dtparam=audio=on

If there's not such line or if it's commented by # , edit the /flash/config.txt file ( Config.txt - LibreELEC.wiki ) to add it or uncomment and reboot the device.

Then you can set the analogue jack as output device (in LE 9.2.6 also together with HDMI audio) in Settings / System / Audio /Audio output device .

If everything is set properly and audio output through analogue jack still does not work, you may perhaps try another options: Onboard analogue audio options in config.txt (3.5mm jack) - Raspberry Pi Documentation

Or start with a fresh and clean installation of LE 9.2.6 to make sure there are no incompatible add-ons installed and it will work.

Edited 6 times, last by ghtester (January 30, 2021 at 8:24 AM).

• Why is released version specifically released for RPi 4 is broken out of the box ?

Because that's what we do, release broken applications... :/

Very few people use the analog output on a RPi4, so any errors in that section will not reach us quickly. You might just be the first one to report it.

What is the main difference between LibreElec vs. installing Kodi directly on Raspbian ?

Raspbian is a full-blown OS, where LibreELEC is a barebone version of Linux with only the necessary bells and whistles.

• I am reporting that this setting is not in config.txt and I feel it should be, Klojum made it sound like it was a question of not enough reports, it doesn't seem like a bad thing to include.

Martin

• Official Post

I am reporting that this setting is not in config.txt and I feel it should be, Klojum made it sound like it was a question of not enough reports, it doesn't seem like a bad thing to include.

Martin

It's not included by default, you have to add it manually. I think adding the option can break HDMI audio (not 100% sure).

• Ok thanks. It doesn't break HDMI audio but I did note rebooting could generate awful HDMI noise so I would have to enable HDMI audio and then switch back to analog to silence it.

Martin

• Hi,

I did the Config mod, the headphones out show up in audio menu, but the Sound is very distorted when conected to 2nd zone amplfier.

Any help is welcome!

Thanks

Antonio