network sharing

• Viva, I hope everything is fine, I come to ask for your help, I have a situation here that I don't know how to solve, I have a raspberry with libreelec and I also have kodi on the PC win 10. I have a hard drive connected to MEO ONT for do data sharing over the network thus avoiding having the pc connected, the point is that on the pc kodi I can access the SMB//MEO/NAS or SMB//MEO/PUBLIC disk but in libreelec there is no folder in the directory SMB//MEO/ I already tried to make my way but says it is not possible to find out how I can solve this situation, the idea is to put videos on the disc and then watch on TV with the raspberry 3. thanks.

I have been watching and maybe I will stick with the smb version as I change the libreelec version, there is some way to change it, it is not possible to change it on ONT, it will have to be written in libreelec.

Edited 2 times, last by leinad51 (January 21, 2021 at 1:17 PM).

• I'm guessing MEO is the router's name. ONT is optical network terminal (fiber). Your router plugs into the ONT. You are connecting your hard drive to the router making it NAS (network attached storage).

Did you try entering the source paths manually in Libreelec (without browsing) ?

smb://MEO/NAS/movies

smb://MEO/NAS/music

smb://MEO/NAS/pictures

I'm assuming your have named your media folders "movies", "music" and "pictures". If you did not, change those names to what you used.

• live, not MEO is the net operator, I have a Fiber GATEWAY,

what would be predicted was

smb: // MEO / nas /

but libreelec is not working on the PC kodi, I can access the folder in a good way.

yes already tried to put without the paths at hand but the error2

• my videos are in the / nas folder only.

possibly I will have to adjust the liberelec for the SMB1 version, as I can make this change, I only find this option in Samba but save an error, samba is only for server option and not for client.

thanks.

• good thanks for the support but i still can't access any shared folder i've already tried the possibilities but i can't get away with it. I will choose to do the opposite thing, I will put the "disk / nas" connected to libreelec, I enabled the LDNA option and then I can access all the smart tvs at home, this fight was just for one that is not smart tv, which in turn it is directly linked to libreelec. The option to turn on the NAS was just to have a shorter connection, I had less one IP on the network so I have 3 hops, otherwise I would have only 2 but I have already tested it and it looks good.

thank you all.